Surfs Up! What guitar is this?

voneville

• Members

Originally posted by aerorockjax

Cool.
:cool:
I've always been a big fan of good surf music. Very good surf tone. You can see the outboard fender reverb over to the right hand side of the guitarist amp. Funny, I didn't even realize that was a yamaha guitar.

i watched every video on youtube they had tonight, man that guy is unbelievable.

• Members

Awesome! If anyone doesn't know already, and probably everyone does, The Ventures were big in Japan way back because they were instrumental- there was no language barrier. I hear a lot of Ventures in there. Does this other band have CDs out?

• Members

Originally posted by mrrampant

Awesome! If anyone doesn't know already, and probably everyone does, The Ventures were big in Japan way back because they were instrumental- there was no language barrier. I hear a lot of Ventures in there. Does this other band have CDs out?

They have quite a few CDs, but I believe most are Japan-only releases. They broke up this year. Surf is a real niche market and there's not a whole lot of money in it.

• Members

Originally posted by Brendan

They have quite a few CDs, but I believe most are Japan-only releases. They broke up this year. Surf is a real niche market and there's not a whole lot of money in it.

You can download a lot of their stuff on iTunes.

Good music is a niche market sad to say. Regardless of genre, if you aren't a living legend or in a band that see's a lot of air time on the radio you probably aren't making a killing. Personally I prefer my musicians starving, because most of the bands I know got worse when they "made it".

• Members

Originally posted by voneville

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1224566&highlight=surf+coasters

yamaha surf love
:)
I found arkays thread on the guitar... Man that thing is a tone monster! Might be the Shigeo Naka guy playin too.

I could have sworn I saw a model like that a few years ago made by yamaha with a set neck. Had a dark sunburst finish. It was used and looked vinatge.

Archived