==Tokai Guitars Japan is dropped by Ishibashi for 'Poor Quality"==

informerr

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

That is a sack of {censored}!

Ishibashi told me in January they had them off the site because the line was being revamped considerably.

And now its because of QC? I call bull{censored}.

1. Either someone is spreading lies saying Ishibashi said something they didn't or....

2. Tokai dropped Ishibashi for whatever reason and Ishibashi is saying it as all dealers who've been dropped do.

Sure a lemon gets out now and then from every brand, but this story stinks.

Tokai may have been pissed Ishibashi is exporting them to the USA, who knows. But I'm pretty damn certain it has zero to do with QC.

these are my suspicions

also, arent all the MIJ fenders made by Tokai Gakki now?

And is Ishibashi still selling MIJ Fenders?

If so, it would totally contradict their claim of QC problems.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I asked the manager of a local shop about the Tokai/FJ link a couple of months ago and he wouldn`t tell me one way or the other as he said FJ doesn`t want that info made public. He did say not all FJ models were made by one company with the basses made by another. I brought this up at a Japanese site and they said DYNA makes FJs now....so who really knows?

Not necessary for anyone to post a link to the Adachi interview...read it before and it doesn`t really prove anything to me.

• Members

so I went to the local Rock Inn and saw the manager again. I spoke to him about this entire Tokai thang, and he said they`ve never had to return a guitar nor is he aware of any shops in the chain doing so. In the course of the conversation I threw out the Tokai/Fender Japan connection again and this time he put his inder finger to his lips and I said well, it`s one of the worst kept secrets in the history of mankind because it`s is all over the web...and he looked surprised. Perhaps nobody at Fender Japan advised Adachi sama to stay mum on the relationship. So now that I`ve heard it from the horses mouth, I do believe that they make the FJs as well. Hey...I`m a born sceptic so sue me.

While I was in the shop I gave the 8 or 9 Tokais they have there a look see and couldn`t find any of the problems that were brought up on another site, which shall remain nameless...but I did see the pics of the guitar in question and they were staggering.

So...I am left to believe that all is not well in the state of Ishibashi but neither am I surprised that they are not willing to tell the entire truth... I encounter that routinely here.

carry on.

• Members

Originally posted by zenbu

So...I am left to believe that all is not well in the state of Ishibashi but neither am I surprised that they are not willing to tell the entire truth... I encounter that routinely here.

carry on.

Im not suprised that they arent inclined to tell the truth, but to badmouth another company, seems in bad form for the Japanese style.

Completely goes against saving face.

Something must have really went sour between the two.

• Members

That is a sack of {censored}!

Ishibashi told me in January they had them off the site because the line was being revamped considerably.

And now its because of QC? I call bull{censored}.

1. Either someone is spreading lies saying Ishibashi said something they didn't or....

2. Tokai dropped Ishibashi for whatever reason and Ishibashi is saying it as all dealers who've been dropped do.

Sure a lemon gets out now and then from every brand, but this story stinks.

Tokai may have been pissed Ishibashi is exporting them to the USA, who knows. But I'm pretty damn certain it has zero to do with QC.

:thu:

My thoughts exactly...

• Members

I got a tokai from ishibashi about 6 months ago, MIJ. Sounds great, plays great. Only thing is....

image002917dd.jpg

My phone's camera is quite {censored}ty, but you can see a gap there. What you don't see is the unfinished wood in the gap. I'm guessing they either made some mistake cutting the body for the neck, or they made the fretboard too short. I went around and looked at other les pauls and they weren't like this (even p90 models).

• Members

NORIKO....WHERE ARE YOU? This guy is dumb and his Engrish sucks...

Dear Brat,

Thank you for your e-mail.

This is Daisuke from Ishibashi WEB SHOP.

Tokai provides some kind of instruments.

Please specify the instruments you are interested in.

Here is a web page for Tokai's instruments.

I hope this page could help you.

http://daviscoltrane.hp.infoseek.co.jp/tokaimenu.html

If you have a question,please let me know.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Daisuke Kitoh/International Sales Agent

Ishibashi WEB SHOP

Ishibashi Music Corporation

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/

U_BOX---http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/

Telephone number:81-3-3291-7090

Fax:81-3-3291-7099

• Members

:cry:
Can you speak the language? Maybe you can call them up?

Damn Engrish is impossible to understand....
:(

I am willing to bet he is not impressed with your damn Japanese either Bato!:thu:

Oh wait, you probably don't even know one word.:eek: (sushi doesn't count, nor does Ichiro)

• Members

Originally posted by CrackerD

I am willing to bet he is not impressed with your damn Japanese either Bato!
:thu:

Oh wait, you probably don't even know one word.
:eek:
(sushi doesn't count, nor does Ichiro)

I wrote them from the International website. Thats their problemo, Senorita.

Ching chang walla walla bing bang?

Yeah i don't know {censored} about Chinese or Japanese or any other "-ese". :(

• Members

Originally posted by joesl8

Yeah, they will steer you away from used stuff, and often list their stuff "junk" if it's not up to pare. Ishibashi's staff have always been very fair and knowledgable.

:cool:

It's funny... when I went to ishibashi and asked questions, they always just show me the most expensive one.

I wanted to buy a squier 51 at one of their stores but the 51 is overpriced in Japan by about 30%. (not just at Ishibashi) So I saw a 51 with a HUGE chip out of the paint and asked for a discount, expecting a substantial discount because the item (if they follow their policy and preferences to sell the customer the best and only the best) was DAMAGED goods, no doubt done by the staff in the store (or they would have sent it right back to squier) anyway... the manager offered me a 3% discount.... A 3% DISCOUNT!?!?!?!?! WTF!>!> They are all full of crap with their attitude of customer satisfaction etc.

• Members

Originally posted by katintokyo

It's funny... when I went to ishibashi and asked questions, they always just show me the most expensive one.

I wanted to buy a squier 51 at one of their stores but the 51 is overpriced in Japan by about 30%. (not just at Ishibashi) So I saw a 51 with a HUGE chip out of the paint and asked for a discount, expecting a substantial discount because the item (if they follow their policy and preferences to sell the customer the best and only the best) was DAMAGED goods, no doubt done by the staff in the store (or they would have sent it right back to squier) anyway... the manager offered me a 3% discount.... A 3% DISCOUNT!?!?!?!?! WTF!>!> They are all full of crap with their attitude of customer satisfaction etc.

a smart salesman would have told you they cant give you a discount, so you might as well take the new one

:cool:

Archived