Inlays or no inlays -- You be the judge!

Excelsior

• Members

Well, I made the scallop on my project guitar deeper, shielded the inside, I'm replacing the nut and tuners, and now I get to the inlays.

Since the scallop, the inlays are completely wrecked, obviously. So I was speaking with tjon and he says no inlays looks cooler. I disagree. I think no dot inlays kind of looks dorky.

Well, you be the judge. I'll post pics of the neck in a minute, but as of right now there's a bit [1mm high] of a rim of where the inlays used to be, still... so no inlays may look unnatural.

Let me know what you guys think.

• Members
Originally posted by tjon

this chick i found on the internet dosent like inlays maybe you and her have something in common
:cool:
michelle034dr.jpg

Ohhh man.
I'm hittin' the Cheetah here in Atlanta next week.
Damn you for posting that pic.

The Bear

• Members
Originally posted by Quarter

I'd say it would look more professional with the dot markers replaced and they are easy to do anyways.

Without, it could look like some hack was too lazy to finish the job.

its gonna look like a hack job so dont even try :mad:

• Members
Originally posted by tjon

its gonna look like a hack job so dont even try
:mad:

Bah, whatever. You're just mad because I was right :p

Here's the roughed out neck. Don't worry, it looks really uneven but that's because all I've done is preliminary shaping with the round file :p

neck2.jpg

Here's where that {censored}TY fake plastic nut was. The damn thing chipped the fretbaord twice while trying to come out, I glued the chips back in, though.

nut.jpg

Regular strat, right?
body.jpg

Wrong! Shielded with aluminum foil tape, checked the continuity and it's golden. The body inside cavity and the pickgard are hooked up to the ground, and effectively shielded :D
shield.jpg

Archived