Luthiers!! I have this tree in my yard...guitar???

k4df4l

• Members
Originally posted by Burningleaves

I think it was Taylor guitars that made an acoustic out of some pallets.

everyone is posting threads about making guitars with wood they find or have in their yard, school, dad's closet, under their couch...I didn't want to be left out!:thu:

stay on topic silly!!

• Members
Originally posted by Prages

I imagine the creosote would make it unbearably heavy, and it would probably be a bitch to finish.
:D

I hear that creosote is an excellent tone conductor, that's what they say supposedly and it's worth the trouble cause it sounds soooo good and is more gooder than nitro !!11!!!!11

What tools do I need?

• Members
Originally posted by k4df4l

What tools do I need?

This ought to be good for just about everything from cutting the tree down to slotting the fretboard. You could probably even level the frets with it if you're really careful.

Stihl_chainsaw.gif

Let us know how everything works out, and post lots of pics. :thu:

• Members

This ought to be good for just about everything from cutting the tree down to slotting the fretboard. You could probably even level the frets with it if you're really careful.

Stihl_chainsaw.gif

Let us know how everything works out, and post lots of pics.
:thu:

Thank you for all your help!

I was thinking about lobster shell inlay on the fret board in the shape of household appliances...what should I do?

• Members

This ought to be good for just about everything from cutting the tree down to slotting the fretboard...

He'll also need a good lawyer if he want's to finish the project in a timely fashion. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by k4df4l

I hear that creosote is an excellent tone conductor, that's what they say supposedly and it's worth the trouble cause it sounds soooo good and is more gooder than nitro !!11!!!!11

What tools do I need?

chainsaw, carpernters hammer, about 300 16 penny nails oughtta do it.

• Members

Stihl_chainsaw.gif

Let us know how everything works out, and post lots of pics.
:thu:

57tom.jpg

• Members

what??? are you guys telling me that I might have some problems with my totally thought out and well researched plan???? After all, I took the time to post a totally undefined question on an internet forum...

anyway, I have some 10/2 romex for wiring the guitar....its big and insulated so it should be best. what do you think, will it be best of the bestest ever??

Archived