Epiphone Valve Junior owners

• Moderators
Originally posted by SentimentalMood

Cool idea. I'm not sure very many people want to spend $300 to mod a $99 dollar amp though.
:freak:

My immediate reaction, but if you end up with a $400 sounding amp? I have been told by a few people that these transformers are bees knees, dog's bollocks. I'm not sure about the combo upgrade as your still left with an average speaker and I dont know what the cab quality is like, but it would seem to be a good idea for a head

• Moderators

Originally posted by BootRoots

300 for a 99 dollar amp?

ARE

YOU

{censored}TING

ME

?

You miss the point. The idea with anything is that you start from a base. With a $300 spend on a Valve Junior you have spent $400. You now need to be in a position where what you have is better than anything you could buy for that price, qand that apparently is what you end up with.

• Members
"I AB'd the Mercury version of the amp to the stock Valve Jr. head, and found it hard to stay plugged in to the non-modded version amp. I must say, the Mercury Mod might be a bit pricey, but it is truly worth it. For the cost of around $400, I have one of the best recording amps on the planet. Believe me, I have tons of vintage amps, old Marshalls, Fenders, Ampegs just to name a few and this little baby just kills! The big bonus, it's pretty damn loud at 5 watts. You could use it at a gig with it miked, and you'll be the envy of all your guitar player buddies. As for me, I can't stop playing it, very cool!" -- Phil Antonucci

Well, Phil, thanks for your opinion there, buddy, but here's the question: what if you'd done a similar upgrade to the other cool amps you own, imagine how much *better* than the Epi they would sound for the same $300 upgrade ;)

Archived