• Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by GRIFF10672

that's sweet ............. looks like it's on fire
:thu:

Originally posted by bluesbreaker46

whoa, cool
:cool:

Thanks guys. Here's a live clip from that axe if you're interested...

Originally posted by aepoc

I can arrange that.
:D

That'd be a good trick! It's in a bonded climate controlled storage facility right now. If you can get past their security and find it in their warehouse you'd be doing you'd be doing pretty good. Then the question begs, why go through all that for a MIM Strat? ;)

• Members

Originally posted by go cat go

Great story dude!! DON't you ever dare get rid of that guitar or i will come over and kick your nut sack out your ass!

I agree that scoop gives it personality too.

Hey Go Cat ,

I would never let that axe go for anything in the world ......

Means way too much to me ....

Plus it's the best playing/sounding guitar I have ever owned .. and I have had my share .

And my nutsack thanks you for not kicking it out of my ass

:eek:

• Members

Hey Burgess ,

Cool clip man !!!!!!!!! Gotta love " Red House "

I liked your playing on that a lot .... nice tone too

Thanks much! :D

Please forgive the clams on that. I was trying to use a little showmanship and ended up think I'd have been better off without it. Hindsight's alway 20/20....

• Members

Originally posted by Burgess

Thanks much!

Please forgive the clams on that. I was trying to use a little showmanship and ended up think I'd have been better off without it. Hindsight's alway 20/20....

What amp were you using for that ???? Sounds like a Fender to me .

Clams are what life's all about .... if it was perfect all the time who would keep playing ??? :D

• Members

i love these threads:D

Guitar

Guitar

Guitar

Guitar

Guitar

Pickups: Steves Special Bridge, JB middle, Evo neck, Homemade Piezo Pickup.

Electronics: On/off Switches for each pickup, 3 Volume controls, 3 push/pull pots to cut a coil in pickup, On/Off Ignition Switch, XLR output jack, LED indicators for each pickup, Green LEDs under the pickguard for a ambient light effect.

Hardware: Stock Peavey bridge, Planet Waves Locking/Auto-String cutting tuners, Fender Rollernut, Schaller StrapLocks

Paint: Krylon Mystic Silver/Green Paint

• Members

What amp were you using for that ???? Sounds like a Fender to me .

Clams are what life's all about .... if it was perfect all the time who would keep playing ???

The amp was a Marshall AVT150 combo, straight in.

• Members

Everyone has seen these pictures...

b_dans_etui.jpg

b_corps.jpg

b_top.jpg

it's customized since originally the miniswitches were doing (from left to right on the pic) :

- neck split

- bridge split

- mid phase inverter

after a first - little - mod (current state) :

- both HBs split

- neck + bridge pickup connection (adds N+B and N+M+B in parallel combinations to the list)

- mid phase inverter

in late December, the looks will not change, but the guitar will change drastically under the bonnet. And I mean drastically.

The on-on miniswitches will be replaced by on-on-ons and these three will command pickup selection, and the 5-way will be replaced by a superswitch (4-pole) for coil selection for the HBs.

I just can't wait... :)

• Members

Originally posted by brikus

Everyone has seen these pictures...

b_top.jpg

in late December, the looks will not change, but the guitar will change drastically under the bonnet. And I mean drastically.

The on-on miniswitches will be replaced by on-on-ons and these three will command pickup selection, and the 5-way will be replaced by a superswitch (4-pole) for coil selection for the HBs.

I just can't wait...
:)

mmmm that top is so sweet. and that wiring scheme sounds cool

• Members

Here is a pair that started out as identical twins. The mods are simple but very significant. The red tortoise pkgd looks stock, but is loaded with Strat-sized P-90s. The w/b/w pkgd is aftermarket, and the black pups are Tom Anderson stacked humbuckers (sometimes you can snag 'em cheap used...$125 each new). Both guitars are fantastic players, and both are Protone Squiers.:cool:

Mandolin.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by xStonr

Before

Strat-LaceSensor.jpg

After

CarvinStrat1.jpg

Sweet! I have the maple necked sister of your guitar

strats.jpg

OK. Left to right.

80's MIJ Squire (completely refinished etc), MIA 80's Strat with EMG's and Midboost (knobs & switch are now black too), Warmoth Tele, MIA 90's Strat with JB Jr in the bridge & Pearloid PG.

DCP_0438.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Burgess

The amp was a Marshall AVT150 combo, straight in.

No {censored} !!!!!!!!! I almost bought one of those about 6 months ago .. I had one of the original Valvestate heads from the late 80's ... man that sucker was sweet . This time around I ended up with a Vox Valvetronix AD120VT .

Wow I can't believe that's the avt150 ... the one I checked out didn't sound that good to me . It was used so maybe it was a little to used !!

Anyway .....great tone from a non all tube combo :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by CreamTele

mmmm that top is so sweet. and that wiring scheme sounds cool

thanks...but you don't know how many here would get a headache just by knowing how many different combinations I'll be able to squeeze out of this guitar ! :D;)

actually, the on-on-ons used for pickup selection will work like this

#1 (left) : bridge pickup phase1 - off - phase 2

#2 (middle) : mid pickup added to the circuit in parallel - off - added in series

#3 (right) : same as #2 but for the neck pickup

and the superswitch will give me 5 different settings of coil combinations (to choose from the 16 available) for the HBs, like, for example, with neck first and bridge second :

1. coil 1 - coil 1

2. coil 2 - both coils in parallel

3. both coils in parallel - both coils in series

4. both coils in series - coil 2

5. coil 2 - coil 1

but this is just an example... ;)

• Members

No {censored} !!!!!!!!! I almost bought one of those about 6 months ago .. I had one of the original Valvestate heads from the late 80's ... man that sucker was sweet . This time around I ended up with a Vox Valvetronix AD120VT .

Wow I can't believe that's the avt150 ... the one I checked out didn't sound that good to me . It was used so maybe it was a little to used !!

Anyway .....great tone from a non all tube combo

Thanks again!

Yeah, it's a nice little amp and is pretty easy to lug around as it fits in the trunk nicely along with my guitars and accessory bag.

Those amps have a rep for being buzzy as for distortion and yes if you dime the gain it can be a bit much. I tend to do things in moderation so that's the OD1 channel with just enough gain to give me some breakup with the guitar wide open but low enough so it cleans up nice. Like I said, no pedals in my rig and all the dist you heard was just from me cranking up the axe. If memory serves, I think did crank in the midboost for the last part of the solo...

• Members

thanks...but you don't know how many here would get a headache just by knowing how many different combinations I'll be able to squeeze out of this guitar !
:D;)

actually, the on-on-ons used for pickup selection will work like this

#1 (left) : bridge pickup phase1 - off - phase 2

#2 (middle) : mid pickup added to the circuit in parallel - off - added in series

#3 (right) : same as #2 but for the neck pickup

and the superswitch will give me 5 different settings of coil combinations (to choose from the 16 available) for the HBs, like, for example, with neck first and bridge second :

1. coil 1 - coil 1

2. coil 2 - both coils in parallel

3. both coils in parallel - both coils in series

4. both coils in series - coil 2

5. coil 2 - coil 1

but this is just an example...
;)

yeah thats pretty insane, i like mine because i can have any basic pickup combination(SSS, HSS, HSH, SSH, HHH, HH. SS) without having to worry about if {censored} is in parallel or series or whatever. i think its awesome that you are taking the time to figure all of those circuits out, but like you said, its over pretty much everyones head anyways

• Members

Originally posted by CreamTele

yeah thats pretty insane, i like mine because i can have any basic pickup combination(SSS, HSS, HSH, SSH, HHH, HH. SS) without having to worry about if {censored} is in parallel or series or whatever. i think its awesome that you are taking the time to figure all of those circuits out, but like you said, its over pretty much everyones head anyways

well, in your case, most likely, it's in parallel anyway...it's the case for 99.9% of the production. But have you ever experienced the difference between a series and a parallel combination of the same two pickups ? It DOES make a difference...and don't get me started on the possibilities you get when you throw phase inversion in the mixture... ;)

• Members

well, in your case, most likely, it's in parallel anyway...it's the case for 99.9% of the production. But have you ever experienced the difference between a series and a parallel combination of the same two pickups ? It DOES make a difference...and don't get me started on the possibilities you get when you throw phase inversion in the mixture...
;)

yeah i wired my tele pickups in series.:D but to take the time to figure out the circuit to do all that switching seems like too much work to me... i do plenty of that {censored} as an EET student, the last thing i want to do is do that {censored} at home

Archived