Mackie service/parts (loud technologies)

• Members

My bass player recently managed to blow the woofer in one of my Mackie HR824 monitors.

I've tried going through Mackie's website to order a replacement, which gets sent to Loud Technologies (who own's Mackie). I've had no response after repeated attempts. Calling yields no response.

I've also tried going through several local resellers, and the story is all the same, "Mackie is {censored}ed, we can't get anything from them". They're no longer factory direct for parts.

People who've come back from NAMM tell me that Mackie is FUBAR for at least the next year, their shipping department is non-existent, and suggest that I just buy new monitors.

I really don't want to buy new monitors, nor do I really have the money to do so.

I'm hoping someone on these forums may have an idea or recourse that can help me order a frigging speaker for my monitor.

Any advice is welcomed.

-W

• Members

I don't know anything about Mackie, but I have a couple of suggestions. You could try and contact a Mackie service center directly and see if they can get anything? You can post this on SSS because Mike Rivers, who posts on there, either used to work for Mackie or still does. Sorry to hear about that.

• Members

I'm sort of surprised.

After a local tech told me that getting parts for my Mackie mixer was nearly impossible, I simply called Mackie and got routed to Loud Technologies parts. I ordered two new faders and five days later had them in hand.. They were quite helpful.

I can't imagine why they would not return calls..

I also recently had one of my Event monitor woofers give up the ghost. I had a new woofer in a week from Event..

Pretty strange.

• Members

I can confirm this. I was the studio manager at my college last semester and the guy who serviced all the equipment was trying to get some tech support for the DXB and couldn't get anyone after a month of trying (phone, email, and forum).

Good luck with this.

• Members

So I was finally able to get through to someone today.

Turns out they had a lot of layoffs in their service department, and only have 1 person left working in parts.

They also don't have any replacement drivers for the original 824's in stock, but say the mkII drivers will work. So I had to order 2 since they're a different speaker. Still, $200 for 2 drivers is a hell of a lot cheaper then buying new monitors. There's also an 8 week wait for the parts though. Looks like I'm stuck mixing on my old crappy Fostex monitors in the meantime.

-W

Archived