Sort of SPAMmish...

• Members

...but I'm not actually selling anything yet. :)

For quite a while now I've been working on writing and recording a children's record with some friends of mine. Well, it's finally almost done. We've wrapped up the tracking, most of the songs are mixed. Once we get the last five back from mixing (we did the rest ourselves, but sent off the five we thought were "best" to be done professionally - if we get them back and they blow our minds we'll have the rest of the album redone by the same guy), then we'll get the CD mastered and then start trying to sell some.

For now, though, we went ahead and set up a MySpace page with some mixes on it (I did a little home mastering for these MP3's - the CD will sound better). All of these were recorded at my home studio, so I'm kind of eager to hear what some of y'all think of them. :) They're children's songs, but we tried to make them kid-focused but with adult-friendly music, if that makes any sense. We're all tired of kids' CDs that you want to throw out the window by the second time you hear it.

Anyway, the MySpace page is here - http://www.myspace.com/tangerinetamb

If y'all would like to listen to them and let me know what you think, awesome. :) If not, that's cool too. I've learned quite a bit in the process of making this, and picked up a lot of good tips from this forum, so I thought I'd share.

Enjoy!

:wave:

• Members

Wow - those sound really good, really professional. Seriously. Hey Saturday needs more cowbell though.

Thanks, man. :) But they told me if I turned up the cowbell on Hey! Saturday any louder they were going to report me. Apparently there's a legal limit to that sort of thing. Who knew?!? :D

• Members

Thanks, man.
:)
But they told me if I turned up the cowbell on Hey! Saturday any louder they were going to report me. Apparently there's a legal limit to that sort of thing. Who knew?!?
:D

The DEA considers cowbell to be a class-1 narcotic. This is no laughing matter.

• Members

This thread needs more cowbell...

Sorry, but SNL won't let You Tube post the audio AND video...
:cry:

Aw; one of my favorite sketches ever. :)

Listen, I put my pants on, same as you. The only difference is, once my pants are on, I make gold records!

:D The only gold records I have involve vinyl and spraypaint, but it's the thought that counts.

• Members

Thanks.
I really think we put together a solid CD. You can hardly tell that the songs were recorded in the spare bedroom of a trailer in Alabama.
:lol:

A spare bedroom of a trailer in Oklahoma or New Jersey I would have believed. But Alabama? No way. ;)

• Members

A spare bedroom of a trailer in Oklahoma or New Jersey I would have believed. But Alabama? No way.
;)

Honestly, it blows me away that you can get some really nice results for a very resonable investment in time and gear these days. I'd have killed to be able to record like this when I was in high school or college. :)

• Members

Honestly, it blows me away that you can get some really nice results for a very resonable investment in time and gear these days. I'd have killed to be able to record like this when I was in high school or college.

That's the truth! I'm working on a project in a bedroom studio in my house right now that just amazes me every time I go in there. And it's every aspect of it. Recorders, mixing desks, mics, processing, virtual instruments, the whole shebang. I call it my little electronic playground. :thu:

• Members

That's the truth! I'm working on a project in a bedroom studio in my house right now that just amazes me every time I go in there. And it's every aspect of it. Recorders, mixing desks, mics, processing, virtual instruments, the whole shebang. I call it my little electronic playground.
:thu:

:thu: I think a large portion of my tax refund this year is going to be used to put up the studio building I've been talking about for about two years now. :D I'm looking forward to it. If you'd told me ten years ago that I could have a pretty decent (not uber-high-end, but decent) recording studio when I was thirty, I'd have laughed my head off. I love this stuff.

Archived