Any Love for the Avantone CK-7?

• Members

I have been thinking of adding a Large Diaphragm condenser to my mic collection. I have a couple of Stedman N90 dynamic mics that I really like a lot, but they aren't ideal for everything (not that any mic is) and my room I use for vocals now is smaller and somewhat boxy sounding which the N90's really don't like at all. I am going to pick up some moving blankets and make a mount on the walls in the room so that I can hang them when recording (the room doubles as a guitar lesson room in my shop) yet I can remove them easily when not in use, but I think I would still like a LDC-type mic added to my collection. Has anyone here used the CK-7 or it's smaller sibling the CK-6? Opinions on these mics?

• Members

Avatone sent every mic in their line over for us to try... we found absolutely no redeeming qualities in anything they contract for manufacture [out of China]... but did like their little "Auratone like" monitors.

Other than those monitors, there is nothing that Avantone distributes that is even remotely worth the time of day [never mind the time it takes to think, or worse, post about their "products"].

Peace

Archived