Gibson guitars are Emo, Punk, Hardcore guitars

Banded-Morwong

• Members

Originally posted by Klisk

Now... How about all those retro pop/mod bands that are popular right now? They all play telecasters.
:freak:

Exactly!

You know, here in Europe, emo is not hip, cool or popular at all (at least not as much as in the US) - if you want to be part of the 'in-crowd', you've got to listen to retro-Brit-poppers like Bloc Party, the Dead 60s, Franz Ferdinand, the Arctic Monkeys, etc. - and they all play Teles!

• Members

Since when did Angus young, Tommy Iommi, Jimmy Page and many other classic rock guitarists stop playing Gibsons?

Every {censored}ing genre has someone that plays a Gibson. It's not just Emo, Punk, and Hardcore. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Utero

Since when did Angus young, Tommy Iommi, Jimmy Page and many other classic rock guitarists stop playing Gibsons?

Every {censored}ing genre has someone that plays a Gibson. It's not just Emo, Punk, and Hardcore.
:rolleyes:

No, but they are particularly popular in the modern incarnations of those genres.

• Members

Originally posted by Darth Dux

I've watched quite a few country video's with LP's and SG's(I stopped channel surfing for the women
:thu:
) and they are using a lot of Gibson's. They seem like they use them as a fashion statement more than anyone else. They seem to hold them more than they play them.

Not really. Look at it this way. Country music is based mostly in and out of Nashville........ now which major guitar company is in that area and happens to be one of the most popular brands in the world:idea:

• Members

Originally posted by RomanS

Exactly!

You know, here in Europe, emo is not hip, cool or popular at all (at least not as much as in the US) - if you want to be part of the 'in-crowd', you've got to listen to retro-Brit-poppers like Bloc Party, the Dead 60s, Franz Ferdinand, the Arctic Monkeys, etc. - and they all play Teles!

Alex from Arctic Monkeys plays a Strat, but he is about the only person from that scene I've seen with one...

• Members

Originally posted by achtung jackass

exactly!

The tele/esquire is THE punk rock guitar!

02rock07.jpg

Au contraire!!

guitar1.jpg

stevegibsonsmall.jpg

b17.jpg

:D

I get what you mean, though. There's something.... brutal... about a tele wielded right that is totally punk rock. and hey, if it's good enough for Uncle Joe... ;)

I'm GASing big time for an Esquier..... I'll probably end up building my own eventually, once other projects are done.

• Members

I dunno, it seems that Schecter has been trying to eat up all the more popular bands these days.

The more "sceney" ones do have Gibsons though

Im in a band that I guess is "emo-punk-hardcore" or somethin

which is I bought one of these :D

390268.jpg

I like how gibson claims these things are aimed at metalheads, but IMO its got emo hipster written all over it

• Members

Originally posted by No Soul

I dunno, it seems that Schecter has been trying to eat up all the more popular bands these days.

The more "sceney" ones do have Gibsons though

Im in a band that I guess is "emo-punk-hardcore" or somethin

which is I bought one of these
:D

390268.jpg

I like how gibson claims these things are aimed at metalheads, but IMO its got emo hipster written all over it

Those would 10x better with an ebony fretboard.

Archived