What guitar would you take for this style and rig?

piper19

• Members

Ok, guys I'm in need of a new guitar, but cannot choose. There are three guitars of which I like the look: A Gibson LP standard, a Fender Telecaster 52RI or a Fender Telecaster 72RI Thinline (last choise). But that is look, now the sound itself.

The style I like is blues rock, brit rock, stoner rock and even poppy rock. (to name some bands Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Kyuss, Supergrass, Beatles,SRV, Hendrix...)

I'm in a band that plays more grunge, hard rock, more on the heavy side, think Audioslave or Mondo Generator.

My most important things in the rig are a marshall distortion and a fuzz into a badcat hotcat amp.

If you know all this, which guitar is best suited and would you take? Can the tele 52 do enough in the band situation (our other guitarist plays a PRS ce22 through marshall and that pumps a lot!), can the LP play clean enough?

• Members

All will sound great throught that rig, but great in different ways.

What's really gonna matter is which one feels the best to you.

BTW, why the hell are you running a "Marshall Distortion" into a Hotcat?????:freak: The hotcat has one of the sweetest, complex overdriven tones I've ever heard, I'm not sure why you'd need an outboard pedal to get drive out of it...

• Members
Originally posted by thriftyshirt

BTW, why the hell are you running a "Marshall Distortion" into a Hotcat?????
:freak:
The hotcat has one of the sweetest, complex overdriven tones I've ever heard, I'm not sure why you'd need an outboard pedal to get drive out of it...

I use the marshall on very rare occasions.:p The amp itself is indeed very rich, but at home I can't push the tubes due to neighbours. These moments the marshall kicks in. It's also useful for shredding gain which my amp doesn't do. It's just a pedal that was very cheap when I found it, and one of the only distortions that worked for me, that's why it's still in the rig.

Archived