My Wife is spoiling me! What to do, what to do...

FineLine

• Members

...so I am walking my wife to the car this AM (like every other AM) ...she says as she is backing away & with a {censored} eating grin that my birthday is this week and she wants to take me shopping for a music gift :eek:

Note:

- I do not particulary deserve it. IMO I don't do enough for my wife.

- she sprung for half my Dean TC Z as a last second gift last Xmas.

- I inherited a couple of semi really nice vintage axes earlier this year, spent money on pickups etc etc

- don't NEED anything else really

- I feel bad for the people that want to play but have no instrument, where I have them given to me left & right

My response to her tonight will be (the truth):

- a nice dinner, a good thrashing, and to know she loves me would be way sufficient

- I have what I NEED, and am happy

"...but if you really really want to buy me something, in order of how out of control you wanna be..."

1) a new tuner (mine is ~20 years old, and is starting to misbehave), some strings, and maybe a couple of cool music gear related Tshirts

2) a new Seagull M6 spruce top standard type dreadnought. I & my jamming buddies like my Yamaha acoustic. I think she said once she'd like to buy me an acoustic.

http://www.seagullguitars.com/productm6gloss.htm

...and if she really wants to freak me out...

3) I sort of have a gason for a Gibson LP DC Pro, blonde natural finish, 22 frets. They actually have one downtown for $1700.CDN.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/GibsonElectric/Gibson%20Electric%20Guitars/LesPaul/Double%20Cuts/Les%20Paul%20DC%20Pro/#

I'll let you all know how it goes!

...oh, and this is me ....off to clean the toilets before she gets home. (wonder if it would influence her decision) :freak:

• Members

Kick ass marriage man! Sounds like my wife.

Sounds like you need a tuner. I would do the tuner and guitar string route becuase you do NEED those and she will also appreciate that you are thinking about her like that.

Win Win.

• Members

Hey dude, when I checked Lauzon last month, they had a LP DC used but in great shape with a great transblack figured top (for the life of me I cant remember if it was quilt or flame) but it was $1275 (CDN) if I recall correctly. Just a heads up if thats what youre lookin for:)

• Members

Originally posted by Plague

Sounds like you need a tuner. I would do the tuner and guitar string route becuase you do NEED those and she will also appreciate that you are thinking about her like that.

Win Win.

+1 You could also ask for a guitar from Rondo And have her do something special to it, Like paint a picture, carve a message etc...

• Members
Originally posted by Alchemist

Hey dude, when I checked Lauzon last month, they had a LP DC used but in great shape with a great transblack figured top (for the life of me I cant remember if it was quilt or flame) but it was $1275 (CDN) if I recall correctly. Just a heads up if thats what youre lookin for:)

...good one Alchemist! Thanks for the tip! We may just go check it out. Ya never know.

I really like the IOU angle! Appreciated. You always need someone to exercize reasoning in the group. I was clearly gas drunken and not thinking of the BIG picture. Oh, and how does one say "IOU" in a non-greedy way??

status --> just cleaned the bathrooms *and* the showers :evil:

[oops, actually, that may not help in the expected musical way, althought it could still be a happening thing. You have to know that to a married woman ...the husband doing house work constitutes FOREPLAY. Seriously.]

• Members

...yes Plague, my wife is the absolute best. I had no idea women such as her existed [really good looking, very smart, kick ass job, responsible, and really really nice & fun. ]

IJ - I really like the personalized axe idea. She *is* an artist of sorts. Very cool idea.

Update you later!

• Members

My wife rules too. She has bought me a few nice guitars.
My mom died earlier this year and I inherited a fairly large sum of money. So far I have bought close to ten guitars and four amplifiers. My wife has not complained once. On Thursday I am putting a sizeable downpayment on a house.

• Members
Originally posted by FineLine

status --> just cleaned the bathrooms *and* the showers
:evil:

[oops, actually, that may not help in the expected musical way, althought it could still be a happening thing. You have to know that to a married woman ...the husband doing house work constitutes FOREPLAY. Seriously.]

This is truth the man is speaking here.

Oh, on topic though, just get what you really need or would get the most use out of. If you're already set for guitars (if that is actually possible) and probably wouldn't end up actually using the Seagull or DC, then don't ask for them as a gift. Otherwise you might feel compelled to use them more than you might actully want to. If you could see one of them becoming a "primary use" guitar, then fine.

Cables? Straps? Pedalboard? Anything in need of repair? Anything in your rig you keep wanting to upgrade/repair/replace?

• Members

LOL all great responses! (sorry to hear about your Mom Roy)

FYI the cunnilingus goes without saying.

So my wife comes home tonight with a couple of HARDSHELL CASES!! WTF?!? My wife is so cool.

Open them up and there is a really nice looking blonde f-shape maple & spruce mandolin ...and a flying V shaped ukelele for our daughter! Too cool! The little one likes her "matar" as she calls it.

However I felt bad for my wife as she bought a poor specimen of a mandolin. Looks like it had been dropped - strings out of saddles, chip in the tail piece. Further it was really nice looking but not a good player at all - wouldn't stay in tune, crappy tuners, and cheap sounding. She totally agrees. Especially for what she paid for it (~400.CDN). She even said she was rushed buying it. There was even talk with the sales person about a twelve string. Anyway it was kind of embarassing & funny, we laughed hard.

She thought since I had multiple guitars it would be cool to have multiple mandos (I already have an A shape) "...and when would you ever buy yourself another mando?". She knows I am really liking the one I bought last year. I play & jam with it every week (acoustic rock stuff). It was supposed to be a left field gift. It was a good idea though.

A new factor is she specifically WANTS to buy me a guitar. The Dean doesn't count as I paid for half. She likes listening to to us play/jam and knows I will get good mileage out of it.

So she wants me to go to the store with her tomorrow evening to return the mando and pick out a Seagull M6 instead. It happens to be around the same price as the mando she chose too ...hope the store doesn't ding US with dings on the instrument though.

Very cool birthday gift. I will use my nice old Yamaha for slyde & open tunings.

...so as I say, my Wife is spoiling me :thu:

ps: LeftTom? Didn't like the sweather? I picked it myself! :freak:

• Members

I hope to get this lucky with my girlfriend when she finally starts working. Right now, i'm the only one working while she still has a year to go...

Gear-wise, i've been really hard on myself... don't buy this, can't buy that... but she encourages me to get what i really need/want... is that a good indication? :D

Archived