Strat, tele, metal?

StratAttackJack

• Members

In the last 7 years i've mostly been playin strats or strat copys. I've got one guitar outfitted with humbuckers that I use for my metal/higain needs - but i hate the guitar. I've been gassing over the 2006 standard telecaster (why i do not no, it must be all you people talking up your teles all the time) and was curious if it got better higain tones than your traditional strat. I've got an American deluxe and a MIM strat but niether to my ears are full enough for that sound, would the tele be any different?? Tom Morello is the only guy i can think of that uses one for hard rock.

P.S.

If i hate country music would the telecaster be a total tonal waste of time for me in the first place??

• Members

Go down to a guitar store & plug some teles in, turn the gain to eleven, and see what you think.

A tele can make a sweet metal guitar. Plus it earns you instant cool factor...just like the metal bands that play rics.

• Members

Originally posted by 70 Cam Guy

Maiden used HSS strats didn't they? (i'm not sure)

The pickups are all humbuckers in neck and bridge positions. Either regular or single-coil sized hotrails and such. So the Maiden strat sound is not from single coils.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Everyone from Muddy Waters to the Clash have played Teles. Andy summers of the Police would be another great player who ocassionally played a Tele. I think it's about the look of the body and the feel of the neck. If you buy a Mexican and spend 200 bucks on new pots and pickups you can make it sound like anything. I just bought a 2006 blue mim tele and it is so perfect feeling. My friend that's the best player I've ever met is in love with it. I don't really like the pick ups alot but they aint bad and 350 for a guitar of this quality is amazing. Remember the mexicans are made in mexcio by Mexicans. the Americans are made in southern California probably by Mexicans too. I just had to adjust 2 saddles by about 1 turn and the intonation is perfect and had to lower the pickups by about a milimeter. It was sunday so i bought some ghs boomers at Walmart cause everything else was close. Hey if you like boomers walmart has them for 3.99 24/7

• Members
Originally posted by fanuvbrak

If you play metal you have to play Schecter. It's a law or something.

Telecasters are for country only. Especially the Big Block tele. Yep. Country all the way with that bad boy.

Right...a Telecaster would clash with Cookie Monster vocals.
Only good for country...
Buying one will immediately give you the urge to go buy a string tie to match!

:rolleyes:
joint.gif

Archived