Gibson Custom Shop Judas Priest Signature SG and Flying V

FlyingV

• Members

Just saw these at MF. The price is of course way over the top, but they look mighty cool, I think. :thu:

The specs show the SG as having a EMG 58 in the bridge. Never heard of EMG 58, is this a typo? Also, I didn't think using an active and a passive pup in the same guitar would work (different pots, etc.)?

395673.jpg

• Members

Nope, it's an EMG 58.

http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=14

"Abandoned because it was too noisy." So, Gibson chose to put a noisy pickup in the Judas Priest sig. NICE. Is it me or is this artist thing going too far. Not saying Judas Priest doesn't deserve a sig model, but Gibson's just done too many now. They crossed the line with the Green Day one.

But what's retarded about this is it's a SET. What is this, targeted at Judas Priest tribute bands?

• Members

what is this? Priest circa 1982?

that's so totally off it's not even funny... check their concert DVD: they're both using EMGs on all their axes, plus almost all KK's guitars have scalloped fretboards... Glenn Tipton plays Hamers almost exclusively, and KK's been playing a {censored}load of ESPs lately.

I LOVE Judas Priest, but

boo Gibson...

:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by blackmoreisgod

what is this? Priest circa 1982?

that's so totally off it's not even funny... check their concert DVD: they're both using EMGs on all their axes, plus almost all KK's guitars have scalloped fretboards... Glenn Tipton plays Hamers almost exclusively, and KK's been playing a {censored}load of ESPs lately.

I LOVE Judas Priest, but

boo Gibson...

:rolleyes:

Well, most signature guitars are meant to be reminiscent of older guitars. That's kind of the point, or are you new to this?

I LOVE Judas Priest, so

YAY Gibson

for at least giving it a shot.

:p

• Members

Originally posted by Psychotronic

Well, most signature guitars are meant to be reminiscent of older guitars. That's kind of the point, or are you new to this?

I LOVE Judas Priest, so

YAY Gibson

for at least giving it a shot.

:p

I'm a huge Judas Priest fan, and have been since the early 80s, started playing guitar in the late 80s(see, I'm anything but 'new' to this), so anything that honors one of the most important bands in the history of metal, I'm all for...

BUT, it seems Gibson is grasping at straws with all these sig models being pushed out like a sausage factory... they've priced themselves out of the grasp of most ordinary guitar players, and their newer models, like the crap with the all-over mirrored pickguards, etc., frankly looked like ass. What's next - a Trivium sig Les Paul?

Gibson needs to stick to making the classic guitars that made them so successful, cut their prices, and quit reading their own press releases.

My first guitar was a 1986 Gibson SG I bought in 1987, so I'm no 'Gibson hater' - they're stuff is awesome, but it's way too expensive... it seems their ego is alienating the very musicians that put them on the map.

new at this? Yeah... :rolleyes:

Archived