What's a good shock-mount for an LDC?

• Members

Those Sabra shockmounts are pretty sweet, and as long as the 4060 will work with it, you could do a lot worse IMO...

You'll still have elastics to deal with though. If your current mount is mechanically OK, why not just order some new elastics for it - and a couple of spares?

I do have the new elastics. Part of it is that I don't seem to be able to put them on correctly, rather curious since it's just elastic. But before that, I found the shockmount to be difficult to position how I wanted it exactly without the mic "sagging" within the shockmount. So...basically a combination of these two reasons.

It looks like one of these two would be easier to position:

489599.jpg

68143.jpg

Hey Ken, here's something I saw at NAMM that might interest you:

IMG_0365.jpg

They use nylon or something along those lines instead of elastic - spares are available, but IIRC, they're guaranteed for something like 25 years, and from the look / feel of them, chances are you won't be breaking them any time soon.

• Members

I found the universal shock mount and got in their mailing list, as retailers are not listed on their website for their product. It lists for US$119.

REMOVE THE WEAK LINK

FROM YOUR RECORDING CHAIN

If you want a quality vocal sound, you need quality components all the way down the line.

You

• 4 weeks later...

Archived