Blueberry for $700 at B&H?

• Members

I'm pretty sure now that this is legit. I went on Zzounds a few hours ago and used their price match feature to see if they'd match the B&H site, and they just emailed me back that they'd beat it and sell it for $678. I'm really torn. The Blueberry is something that was on my "would be nice someday" list, but certainly not on my short term list. But this is a hell of a discount for an item that's normally $1000. My main vocal mic right now is the Baby Bottle, which has warm and full low-mids but not a lot of crispness or air. The Blueberry is supposed to be pretty much the exact opposite, which would make it a great complement and alternative to the Baby Bottle.

• Members

Well I guess no one is all that interested since there were no replies to this thread, but. . . I did purchase it today. I got my local GC to match the B&H price, including sales tax. They had to get it shipped from another store though, so I won't have it for a few days. But hopefully I'll have it by the weekend, when I should be recording some vocals. I hope to do some A/B comparisons to my Baby Bottle. I'm expecting a world of difference between the two.

• Members

My main vocal mic right now is the Baby Bottle, which has warm and full low-mids but not a lot of crispness or air. The Blueberry is supposed to be pretty much the exact opposite, which would make it a great complement and alternative to the Baby Bottle.

Definitely agree with your description of the Baby Bottle. Looking forward to hearing some clips, and HNMD.

• Members

They had to get it shipped from another store though,

If that's the case I would have ordered it from B&H since they were the one who offered the great price. I like to give my business to the guy who offers the best deal, in this case, B&H. As for the price, most manufacturers limit what a dealer can advertise a product at, but not what they can sell at. B&H probably made a big purchase and decided to blow them out. They didn't post the price on the main product page, so they wouldn't break the minimum advertised price.

Congrats on the buy, enjoy.

• Members

I know all about MAP rules. I can't understand how it's not illegal since it sure seems like price fixing to me, but apparently it's passed legal challenges in the past. Horizontal price fixing, i.e. two retailers getting together and agreeing on a minimum price for a product, is illegal. But vertical arrangements between manufacturer/distributor and retailer are not illegal so long as the arrangement only controls the minimum allowable advertised price and doesn't prevent the retailer from selling at a lower price provided they don't advertise it.

Anywho, all else being equal I prefer to order from GC cause I have their card and I can get their 12 month no payments deal. Always better to pay for it with next year's money when they let you.

• Members

IMy main vocal mic right now is the Baby Bottle, which has warm and full low-mids but not a lot of crispness or air. The Blueberry is supposed to be pretty much the exact opposite, which would make it a great complement and alternative to the Baby Bottle.

The Baby Bottle is my favourite 'try it first' vox mic still. I'd love a Blueberry. For what it's worth, they are around

• Members

I have a B7 on the way to go with my Bottle Rocket Stage 1. Once it's here I'll compare it to the B8 capsule that came with the BRS1 and post my thoughts on it.
:)
I'm looking forward to getting it.

I'll keep any eye out for that. I haven't heard anyone mention the B7 on here yet so I'd like an opinion..!

Rimmer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey Rimmer, good to see ya. The 451 won't accept a B7 capsule, BLUE used to make a capsule that fit it but I believe by now they are all done with that threaded version.

War

Hey War ;)

It was the BLUE one I was thinking about actually.. Didn't know they didn't do it any more. Shame as it seems like quite a nice idea..!

Cya around..

Rimmer

• Members

The B7 is a bayonet-mount, but can't you get adapters to go from threaded-mount to bayonet-style? I was thinking I had seen those before. But of course I don't know how good they are, or if there are any differences other than the mount style...

Archived