Pro Tools users - do NOT update to 8.0.3! (EDIT: Updated!)

• Members

This is in regards to a post did in 2010 about the pro tools 8.0.3 malfunction! I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE RANDOM WHITE NOISE! It took me 4 years to find out that I wasn't the only with this problem! What was the latest about it? Im so curious to find out how this is possible! On top of all that, it requires me to input a ilok when before it didnt! Then i called avid (recently) and told me that it could be a software glitch, however the person who told me this was the person who answered registration issues! The tech side of avid never answered after being on the pho e for about 30 mins! I could have waited, but time is in the essence so i gave up on that, and engineering for while on pro tools and turned to other outlets for production!

• Members

Before i had that version, i had 7.(something i have to look at the box in another town), the plugins started to not work at all! No problems of this were ever posted on the web, not to mention digidesign at that time did not have phone support! I thought maybe it was just a coincidence that these problems happen and never get posted for fixing purposes! Before all of this though, it worked just fine!

If you're still running Pro Tools 8, you should definitely use the latest version - which is 8.05 if I recall correctly. It solves the issue with the white noise bursts. There have been later versions of PT released - Pro Tools 9 and 10, and now Pro Tools 11, which is a complete re-write of the program for 64 bit, but I think that's the latest version of version 8. Version 9 and later requires Windows 7 to run. If you need to download the update, you can find it right here.

If you're still running version 8 of Pro Tools, I would suggest using the latest version of Windows XP - which I believe is Win XP SP3. Now that Windows XP's service life is essentially over, I've switched to Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, which is pretty similar, and which I like so far... I am now running Pro Tools 10.3.8. You need to use something later than XP to run Pro Tools 9/10/11.

As far as the iLok, the hardware itself acted as the dongle with earlier versions of Pro Tools, and you had to use the Digidesign / Avid hardware, but then they opened it up so you could use third-party hardware interfaces, which is when/why they put the iLok requirement for authorization of the software in place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, i reinstalled pro tools on windows 8 along with an ilok, by luck, it worked for a 3min session until the blue screen came up as a corrupt file starting with"int.developer." Come to find out, it needs a 64bit anti piracy software to operate. After this, I installed the update, until the blue screen came up again, now this time its more frequent than my reg version error! After that, the same error i get before i had the ilok came up again! It seems to me that I purchased a defective version!

I'd recommend trying to download the program again from Avid's site. As long as you have a valid iLok authorization, you should be fine - that's the copy protection, and you can download the actual program independently from that.

Here's the link:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/en355241

I'd suggest uninstalling the version you currently have that's giving you "issues", and then reboot, then re-install the newly downloaded version.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived