Schecters

Mercer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like 'em OK... I consider them to be like a prettier Ibanez with arched tops. All the 550 series and higher Ibanez that I've played, it was hard to find a fault with them, but they just didn't really inspire me. Same with the Schecters. No real faults, but I don't really connect with them.

Shame... They are a very decent value, the play great and some of them are downright beautiful.

• Members

^ You don't have to play psychmetal on a schecter. Believe me, I don't play metal and I love schecters (Gibson faded and a Schecter are duking it out in my head right as I type). I play rock, jazz, classical, and blues, and schecters work fine for it.

• Members

they are by far (along with ltds) the best out of the box guitars in the under $1000 range. They have all great parts and wood quality and tone without mods, even the duncan designed pickups are of decent quality. I do think the tone pros tunomatic needs swapped out for a roller bridge because the coils of the strings get caught and hop over the saddles at times, but tuning is awesome still.

Picking up my ibanez sz720fm and then picking up my schecter c1 hellraiser the difference is instant and the weight and high quality feel of the schecter is evident, the sound of the c1 is so thick and full of complex tones. especially the c-1 blackjack which is the the best sounding c1 out of the box, probably due to the fact that its the only c1 with a maple neck. Sustains for DAYS

• Members

Originally posted by stangme01

the S-1 blackjack is also incredible, i like it and don't really like the other s-1 because the s1 blackjack is a 25.5 scale which is the only s1 that is not 24.75 and has a c-1 like neck instead of the s1 type neck

I haven't played this particular Schecter, but I like the 006 Blackjack's shape

• Members

Originally posted by stangme01

the S-1 blackjack is also incredible, i like it and don't really like the other s-1 because the s1 blackjack is a 25.5 scale which is the only s1 that is not 24.75 and has a c-1 like neck instead of the s1 type neck

The CSH-1, C1 Elite and 006 Elite are all 25.5 scale.

• Members

Originally posted by Mercer

^ You don't have to play psychmetal on a schecter. Believe me, I don't play metal and I love schecters (Gibson faded and a Schecter are duking it out in my head right as I type). I play rock, jazz, classical, and blues, and schecters work fine for it.

You be absolutely correct!

• Members

Behold my C-1+!

I make no apologies what so ever for the mucky finger marks that may show up, this thing is my only current electric, and it gets played a heck of a lot.

me1007.jpgme1009.jpg

Used for metal you say? I laugh at thee! I must say, I dispise metal, and this guitar is by no means a metal guitar.

On the neck pickup you get a very mellow tone, warm and jazzy in a way (the tone knob dramatically alters the sound too, you can get lots of different sounds by just rolling it off a bit). The bridge gives a more traditional rock tone, but once again, it is full of warmth (very different to an ibanez).

Some people have mentioned the neck, so I guess I should say something...it is on the slim side, but since I've got used to it, I love it. The way the neck joins the body is also amazing - it's very comfortable on the higher frets. Craftsmanship is excellent, as was the action right out of the box.

I bought it for

Archived