Should I trade a UA LA-610 for a Vintech 1272?

It will mostly be noticeable when they're overdriven.

And / or stacked. :wave:

Yeah, depending on what other mic preamps and compression you have available, I would probably consider that trade. In terms of "street" retail prices, the two are pretty close, although the LA-610 goes for a touch more. You'd get two mic pre channels with the Vintech vs the single one on the LA-610 you'd be trading away. The tradeoff is that you'd lose the compressor and shelving EQ on the LA-610 - the Vintech doesn't have any compression or EQ.

The two mic preamps are both in the "thick and chewy" category, not the "ultra-clean and transparent" class, so as Dave said, you may not notice huge differences in their basic character until you start to drive them into distortion - or stack a bunch of tracks with one or the other.

• Members

Thanks guys. Well, the deal is done. It was actually a "sell the LA-610 to one guy, then go hand the wad of cash to a different guy for the Vintech" type deal. I netted $20 cash on the deal and gave that to my wife! ;)

My other micpres/comps/EQ:

1) Sytek MPX-4A (with BB opamps on ch3-4)

2) RNP + RNC

3) JoeMeek VC1Qcs

4) Presonus MP20

5) SPL Goldmike

6) Symetrix 551E 5x parametric EQ - cheap but effective

7) Symetrix 425 2x comp/expander - cheap but...well...cheap! ;)

8) 6 glorious channels of Mackie VLZ Pro! :D

Wow, looking at that list I don't know how I manage to record anything clean! :lol:

Archived