Ibanez Artstar AS-80

CMcKenzie

• Members

I bid on an Artstar (including case) on ebay and got a second chance offer. My high bid was 326.99. To me it seems an excellent deal. I averaged the prices off the user reviews and came to an average of $530.48. But, its hard to tell with the prices being on both new and used guitars.

Artstar players.... What did you pay for your gtr? New or used?

• Members

eh...its alright deal i guess. nobody really wants those. people want the older AS-80's and AS-120's. i think they sold brand new for around 400 or something. can't remember.

i have the af-120 which is an artstar model. brand new it costs $799, i got mine off ebay for $500 great condition.

what style of music are you looking to play on your as-80?

• Members

That's not a bad price at all.....but DON'T buy if from that guy. Check out the 'high bidder's' feedback.....they're both from the guy selling that Artstar.

He's 'shill' bidding - that is, he's bidding on his own guitar to drive the price up. Then he conveniently send's you a second chance offer afterwards. I won't do business with assholes like that just on general principle alone.

Worthless {censored}.....I wonder if he's a member here?

• Members

Originally posted by red|dragon

eh...its alright deal i guess. nobody really wants those. people want the older AS-80's and AS-120's. i think they sold brand new for around 400 or something. can't remember.

i have the af-120 which is an artstar model. brand new it costs $799, i got mine off ebay for $500 great condition.

what style of music are you looking to play on your as-80?

Classic Rush. I'd like a hollowbody sound without the $. Ibanez seems a quality alternative. I don't think I'll play it a whole lot, but you never know.

• Members

Originally posted by Barryj61

That's not a bad price at all.....but DON'T buy if from that guy. Check out the 'high bidder's' feedback.....they're both from the guy selling that Artstar.

He's 'shill' bidding - that is, he's bidding on his own guitar to drive the price up. Then he conveniently send's you a second chance offer afterwards. I won't do business with assholes like that just on general principle alone.

Worthless {censored}.....I wonder if he's a member here?

Thats what my gut feeling was. It helps to have some spell it out for you sometimes. Thanks dude

• Members

I just sent him this reply:

No thanks, my gut feeling tells me you bidded on your own item to drive price up. Look at the history of the high bidder, all feedback is left by you. This doesn't reflect honest transactions. I'd rather not do bussiness with you, good luck

• Members

Originally posted by xStonr

Looking at the headstock logo, it looks suspiciously like my Artcore logo. I googled some artstar and it none of them had that look with the lightning bolt.

No. I have an artstar also. That's what the headstocks look like. Artstar and Artcores are different.

Archived