FINALLY going into the studio in January

• Members

So finally my band is going into the studio in January to do some proper recordings for an EP type record.

You can listen to the recordings I've done at Gods of Harvest.

I like my recordings but it's time to step it up. Luckily there is a great band from the area called Annuals that some of you may have heard of. Well there singer, Adam, is a bit of a recording genius obsessive type and he & I are buddies from way back. He & I will be engineering the project.

We will do drums & bass in a local studio called Flying Tiger that has a great live room & the rest of the instruments & vocals in his studio. It's really nice to have someone who is on the same page musically & has a similar work flow to record with. He gets the music, he gets the style, he's into it, so I think it'll make for a much better recording experience & end product.

And my old roommate god his degree in Music & his masters in Film Scoring so he will be mastering the project for us. It's nice to have so many friends with more experience and talent than myself!

CSB i know, but I'm very excited!

That sounds like a really sweet situation for you - a good "fit"; and that's really important IMO.

Make sure you start working on the pre-production stuff ASAP - the arrangements, the rehearsals, etc. You can use your recording setup to help with that... if you're not sure how an arrangement idea is going to work, you can try it out on your rig and see, and avoid wasting time in the "real" studio.

Congratulations and best of luck - please keep us posted as your project progresses. :cool:

• Members

thanks Phil.

yeah i've been recording all of our songs as a write them...that's really my process. and we practice twice a week & really focus on arranging the songs...we're not a "jammy" band at all, very composed.

And Adam (our engineer/producer) knows how I work & works very similarly so I think working in the studio will be very fun and efficient! i think the only thing that'll take some time is getting the effected weird experimental guitar sounds and doing all the vocal takes. we do 3, 4 & 5 part harmonies & we tend to double them on recordings for that beach boys type sound so that will be time consuming just based on the process.

thanks again and i will for sure keep it updated.

Archived