What SG to buy?

vexed73

• Members

Wife likes my Epiphone ELitist les P. but she was in an accident a while back and has problems with one of her shoulders. I was thinking the SG would work well for her and she likes how they look. She is learning how to play and I bought here a Squire Tele custom to learn on but she doesnt like that, and she has the same problem with the Wolfgang. I am thinking the rosewood fretboard and scale length is what she likes about the les P.

Any way if you choose other please list it and tell me why you listed it thanks y'all.

• Members

i have an 87 sg standard and i really love it.

got it for 1045$ about 3 years ago - truly one of the most playable guitars ive played.

very fast neck, the action is very low, the tone is great (though its not a les paul - you wont get the balls of a les paul but you can come close - also some great cleans on mine)

i havent played a faded sg to be frank so i wont advise you - ill just say the standard is a great guitar :freak:

• Members

i got the supreme, the maple cap realy does something for the tone, and the 57 pups just f'n scream, plus she a real looker to boot. there are no copys (fakes) that could even come close to this guitar, i don't care what anyone says. to me it plays and sounds better than any lester i've played to, did i mention tone monster?:cool:

• Members

Be thinking about the tone aspect since those SGs differ a fair amount due to their different pickups.

I have a '61, a Classic and I bought the Epi Elitist for my son.

I like all three of those.

I also like the looks of the Gibby Faded Browns, but I'm not as much of a fan of the 490s and 498s as I am of the 57s (and the Epi Elitist clones) and the P-90s.

I clicked on the Epi Elitist since it has nice cleans and you can add the grit as needed.

Archived