Check out this Samick SAT 650.

Humbucker

• Members

Samick makes some of the best guitars in the world - and I am NOT being facetious. My Vantage 635 (335 copy) is a great example of Samick's high level of quality. I would expect that the ones they make under their own label would be the best of what they have to offer. They don't seem to be making a 335 copy under their own label anymore (though I believe they make he Epiphone Dot.) But check out the Royale RL-4.

• Members

He had sent me a PM suggesting a trade on a guitar I was selling but it didn't go any further than that, now that guitar's gone.

I sent him a PM tonight asking if he was interested in selling it and for how much. I'll post an update here if he gets back to me.

• Members

Originally posted by Humbucker

He had sent me a PM suggesting a trade on a guitar I was selling but it didn't go any further than that, now that guitar's gone.

I sent him a PM tonight asking if he was interested in selling it and for how much. I'll post an update here if he gets back to me.

What's he looking to trade for?

I like the looks of that - a lot!

• Members

Well, it now turns out that he hasn't made up his mind yet if he's going to sell it or not. He said that he'd keep me in mind if he decides to sell it.

I offered him $400.00(Canadian), which is actually $351.88 USD. That's probably more than I should have offered, I thought that it was a generous enough offer, seemed reasonable to me anyway, what do you think?

I'm just looking for a good quality secondhand semi-hollowbody guitar with a Bigsby-type trem for a budget price, in short I'm looking for a deal. I'm in no big hurry, time is on my side.

• Members

Well, it now turns out that he hasn't made up his mind yet if he's going to sell it or not. He said that he'd keep me in mind if he decides to sell it.

I offered him $400.00(Canadian), which is actually $351.88 USD. That's probably more than I should have offered, I thought that it was a generous enough offer, seemed reasonable to me anyway, what do you think?

I'm just looking for a good quality secondhand semi-hollowbody guitar with a Bigsby-type trem for a budget price, in short I'm looking for a deal. I'm in no big hurry, time is on my side.

Is that with a case? I think that's about right - Neither high nor low. I would not hesitate at that price. If I could get it shipped here to New Hampshire for that price, I'd do it.

• Members

Well, I thought that $350.00 USD would be what that guitar was worth, so that's not too much then?

He didn't say anything about a case, so I doubt that that was part of the deal.

I might still be inclined to go for it - I'd jump on it for $300 (US) without the case. The TKL case will cost about $50 used. Not mentioning the case doesn't necessarily mean there isn't one, though.

The thing is - Even though it's not like a "collecter's item" or anything, this guitar is relatively rare. For every one of these you might see on eBay, there are 30 Gibson ES335s. I really think the quality from the Samick factory is very good. And Samick isn't marketing this style anymore (at least not in the US.)

• Members

The birdseye really makes it different. Reminds me of my Turser JT-137 with the multi bindings. It feels very "deluxe" when playing much nicer than the Epi dot. I had a Samick Royale-2 in sunburst. Nice guitar, played like butter but it had this really funky yellow sunburst on the back of the neck that didn't match the antique sunburst mahogany top. Just bugged me, plus I could get the same tone out of my Turser when I turned the tone pots back. The 335 style is very versatile plus it's maple and will make that nice jangly sound. What's with the 5th knob?

• Members

I gave $240.00 for my Jay Turser, new by second owner though. I gave $260.00 ofr my RL-2 which was a refurb stamped used. To this day, I don't know what thew flaw was. It looked better tha n the new ones at the dealer.

Seems a bit pricey for a Samick.

Archived