Pro Tools 10 and plugins

• Members

My only problem with reaper is that I've used PT for too long lol. So the interface is just kind of weird to me. It does seem to be quite reliable and very easy on the host. I've tried some of the pro tools skins for it, but nothing that feels right. In fact most of them make it worse because it looks a lot like pt. it just still doesn't act like it. I'm sure if I made myself use it for a bit I'd get a solid hang of it. For the price it's hard to beat.

That's kind of what I was eluding to before. It's not that Reaper isn't good - seems like it's near unanimous that it's a really solid program - but it's whether you like how it operates or not. I might have that problem with Reaper too if I tried it. I'm so used to Pro Tools since I've used it for twelve years (and have always found it fairly intuitive and easy to use). Now, I have some severe criticisms of Pro Tools, but the general interaction, recording, editing approach and general logical layout is pretty great for me.

• Members

MDW: Massenberg Design Works Hi-Res Parametric EQ 3.0 RTAS Mac v3.0.1 for Pro Tools 7.3.1-9.0 (may work, but not sure)

MDW RTAS Works absolutely fantastic in PT10, and PT10 HD Native. I am on a 8-core 2.66 Mac Pro. I love this equalizer. It gets used on every session!

• Members

MDW RTAS Works absolutely fantastic in PT10, and PT10 HD Native. I am on a 8-core 2.66 Mac Pro. I love this equalizer. It gets used on every session!

Cool. Fantastic in PT10 right now for me as well. Been rock solid.

The only problem I've had is one bizarre glitch with Expert Sleepers Meringue, an odd backwards/forwards delay, a VST plugin that works via the FXpansion VST-RTAS wrapper. I put it on a track, and it worked.

I adjusted it, and it crashed PT10.

Then I tried opening it again. It crashed.

I tried making it inactive. It crashed.

I then tried closing the plugin. It crashed.

After this, I tried cloning the track without the Meringue plugin. That worked fine. Then I tried deleting the track. It crashed.

I eventually gave up, opening another session and then importing the cloned track without the Meringue plugin. That worked.

Sheeesh.

I'll try Meringue again some other time when I've got time to fool around with PT10 potentially crashing 5-10 times. :D

• Members

That seems kind of strange. I wonder why. It would seem to me that as long as its VST compatible, it should be a non-issue. I wonder what the actual issue is...
:idk:

Here's my e-mail string with Waves about this:

I wrote:

-------Question/Reply from XXXXXXXXXXX 1/10/2012 11:59:53 PM

I am trying out Reaper 4.14, a host application. Some of the Waves plugins seem to work with it. Others do not - they cause a crash. I note that you do not list Reaper as one of the host applications on the drop down menu.

Does Waves support use with Reaper?

They wrote back:

-------Answer from Waves at 1/11/2012 2:59:52 AM

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

Waves is not supported with Reaper.

Click here for our Tech Specs pages for more information about our supported hosts and versions.

If you need further assistance feel free to contact us or visit www.Wavesupport.net

Best Regards,

Gittai Barak

Waves Technical Support Staff

Please use the link at the top of this page to reply to Waves

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

hi,

you seems to have a lot of 1001bit_pros .rbs files inside the plugins folder; which shouldnt be.

However, you also have those files inside the 1001bit_pro folder too. That should not create any issue, although it makes your plugins folder very messy...

try this,

move the entire 1001bit_pro folder to c: root directory; i.e. c:1001bit_pro

keep only the 1001bit_pro.rb file inside the plugins folder and see whether this works.

cheers

Goh C H

Archived