Please ! Talk me out of buying a Gibson 58 VOS LP !!

Andre XXX

• Members

A great Les Paul > everything else (including $3000)

When it's all said and done, it's not about the money, it's about having a guitar that inspires you. I have that with my Les Paul that was bought for me by my grandma before she passed. I will never sell it, and the only other guitar that has ever proven itself worthy of being with it in my collection is my 335 that I like as much, but don't love as much, if that makes sense. Buy it, great Les Pauls are king.

• Members

Originally posted by deldgeetar

Keep 1 strat, dump the PRS, buy the Les Paul.
:love:

I agree entirely. You will have the two best of the three guitars.

While PRS makes a great guitar, you will find it easier to replace a PRS then to find another Gibson like this particular one.

• Members

Originally posted by C-4

I agree entirely. You will have the two best of the three guitars.

While PRS makes a great guitar, you will find it easier to replace a PRS then to find another Gibson like this particular one.

mmm........Well I did call, and they still have it...... I think I'm going to go after work and try it one more time........

I could easily part with one of my strats......most likely the custom shop ( I like the EJ better )....... My tele is a keeper fo sure....and I do dig this particular PRS for some reason........

Maybe I'll luck out and get some great deal......I'll go in and pretend I don't like it that much, LOL.......

But if push really comes to shove.....I could actually get by and be very happy with an LP and a tele.......I think my PRS has been filling that LP void in my heart.......and I find myself always reaching for my tele when I want a single coil sound.....

There's something to be said for having just a couple of great guitars.......they become old friends quicker and it's easier to unlock their secrets because your playing them more frequently instead of dividing your time between a bunch of different ones.........ok, now I'm just getting downright philosophical over this...

:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by Burgess

You don't play guitar, do you?
:(

As a matter of fact I do (I have the guitar on my lap as I'm writing this). I also have those urges from time to time, and I could use my fellowship to buy myself something nice. But for some reason those urges fade away naturally :D

• Members

Originally posted by Mygal

As a matter of fact I do (I have the guitar on my lap as I'm writing this). I also have those urges from time to time, and I could use my fellowship to buy myself something nice. But for some reason those urges fade away naturally
:D

I (and probably everyone else that reads your post) noticed you using the word urges often. And yes using that word even once around here is often...

Is there something you're trying to tell us? ;)

• Members

Originally posted by kdp86

A great Les Paul > everything else (including $3000)

When it's all said and done, it's not about the money, it's about having a guitar that inspires you. I have that with my Les Paul that was bought for me by my grandma before she passed. I will never sell it, and the only other guitar that has ever proven itself worthy of being with it in my collection is my 335 that I like as much, but don't love as much, if that makes sense. Buy it, great Les Pauls are king.

That's wonderful that your les paul has that special sentimental value attached to it :thu:

It sounds like you had a wonderful grandma ! ;)

• Members

I (and probably everyone else that reads your post) noticed you using the word urges often. And yes using that word even once around here is often...

Is there something you're trying to tell us?
;)

LOL........I was just thinking the same thing !

Please, what are these urges you speak of ??

• Members

Originally posted by Andre XXX

That's wonderful that your les paul has that special sentimental value attached to it
:thu:

It sounds like you had a wonderful grandma !
;)

Thanks man, she was great, but not all the value is sentimental. This thing pretty much kicks ass, and I would have to agree with your statement about something being said for only having a few GREAT guitars... and that a Tele and a LP can cover most territories. Strats are a little more versatile, but teles just have that tele tone... Luckily I in my band it's me with either a LP ir 335 through a Marshall, and the singer with a Tele through an AC30... they compliment well...

Oh yeah, buy the damn Les Paul!!!!

• Members

Originally posted by kdp86

Thanks man, she was great, but not all the value is sentimental. This thing pretty much kicks ass, and I would have to agree with your statement about something being said for only having a few GREAT guitars... and that a Tele and a LP can cover most territories. Strats are a little more versatile, but teles just have that tele tone... Luckily I in my band it's me with either a LP ir 335 through a Marshall, and the singer with a Tele through an AC30... they compliment well...

Oh yeah, buy the damn Les Paul!!!!

:thu: .....we'll see if i can stay strong when I try it again tonight...........

This thread certainley hasn't helped any in talking me out of considering it.... :D

• Members

Is there something you're trying to tell us?
;)

I don't know, you tell me...

What do you have in mind?

• Members

Originally posted by Mygal

I don't know, you tell me...

What do you have in mind?

You know honestly, you could put that word in a paragraph of 200 words and I would still single it out. Why?

You know how we can take broken sentences, mispellings and such but still make sense of it? When you use the word "urges" I am always going to key on it because I see it as my name before I even realize it's not.

So basically, don't mind me. I'm just being the same smartass I always am. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Andre XXX

To follow up on a my post from a few days agao.......I have tried and re-tried several times one of the new Gibson 58 VOS les paul's and have confirmed it's not just lust but true love I have for this guitar..........The sound, QC and build quality is top notch.

I find myself thinking about it as I fall asleep.......and it's on my mind when I open my eyes ( I wish I was kidding but I'm not
:freak:
).....

I'm obsessed !!! Please, for the love of god talk me down off this precipice !!

The last thing I need is another guitar !!

But when I hold it in my hands that chunky neck , in fact the whole guitar in general, feel's like an old friend and seems to cry out " Please, take me home "

And the sound is tear inducing
:cry:

Please talk me out of this.........
:(:cry:

One day you're gonna be dead. So enjoy yourself now. Shut the f*ck up, buy the guitar, and post some pictures for us!

Archived