Any GC Black Friday Scores Today??

curseoftruth

• Members

I went in and played several guitars playing about two and a half hours. I usually play the same three guitars. But today neither one felt good. I have been eyeballing a Schecter Tempest Custom, but it was'nt right today. Also played a Yamaha SA. It was cool but the 850.00 price tag is ridiculous. No real deals.

• Members
Originally posted by axegrinder

A "beater"?!?! Geez you are a young cork sniffer aint ya? I believe my Ultra III is the most expensive guitar I have and you want it as a "beater".
:(

My "beater" is a Les Paul Deluxe that I paid $1499 for. By beater I mean it's my daily player, always on the stand plugged in and subjected to bumps and an occasional ding. It doesn't get thrown around or abused though. I have a twelve year old American Standard Strat that I did the same with for 10 years and the finish is still pretty nice but it needs a fret job. I have an LP historic that I keep in the case because it is so damn beautiful and I'd never want to scratch or ding it.

• Members

Originally posted by markas214

My "beater" is a Les Paul Deluxe that I paid $1499 for. By beater I mean it's my daily player, always on the stand plugged in and subjected to bumps and an occasional ding. It doesn't get thrown around or abused though. I have a twelve year old American Standard Strat that I did the same with for 10 years and the finish is still pretty nice but it needs a fret job. I have an LP historic that I keep in the case because it is so damn beautiful and I'd never want to scratch or ding it.

I guess by your definition of beater, all of mine are then! Always out, always plugged in. I play the four main ones probably daily -- Fernandez Ravelle Deluxe, Epi LP Custom, SG Classic, and my custom built tele. I used to be in the show car hobby (Mopar baby!) and as we used to say then, no trailer queens here. They get driven and driven hard! My daily driver for several years was a restored 72 340 Cuda.

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

I also played this used strange Schecter, don't remember the model but it was cool -- three mini humbuckers, a Bigsby, semi-Jaguar like controls (switches, not knobs). Kind of like a cross between a Jag and an old Airline. Sounded fantastic. Wanted $499 for it as well. I'll try to find a picture.

Edit: found it -- the Ultra III

ultraIII_crm.jpg

Arlington GC? I've seen that guitar there...it's a beauty...

Archived