I am so mad! I need to get this out.

vexed73

• Members

Originally posted by hutchtoo

If this is a little item and your shipping cost is, say, $5, then you are gouging. And they could report you for it.

If it's heavy like an amp and the cost is justifiable and you are making a couple bucks on it, no big deal.

Shipping fees are at the discretion of the seller and they can easily rationalize it by calling it "shipping and handling".

I doubt reporting a seller for high shipping charges would do much good. There are thounds of sellers doing it. They sell an MP3 player than could easily be shippid for $10. or less and charge $20 or $30 to ship it.

As long as it's clearly stated in the conditions of the auction it's perfectly legit. It's the buyers decision whether to bid or not and they should read all terms and conditions before doing so.

I have decided against bidding on many items because of stupid shipping charges.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously, I just don't get what the problem is. The shipping was clearly stated in the auction, he had a choice to bid on it with that shipping or not to bid. I've passed up many items over the years because I thought the shipping was excessive. No one was holding a gun to his head forcing him to bid on it.
It's no different than the price. You don't like the price the item is going for, don't bid on it - think the shipping is too much, don't bid on it, or at least ask the seller ahead of the time about it. If the seller is firm on the shipping, you either accept it and bid, or forget it.

I've been on ebay since it's early days, it's gotten so I hold my breath every time I sell something, just waiting for the buyer to come up with some crap. I haven't had any problems, (except for one non-paying bidder), but I'm still always waiting for something..... It's getting so I'm looking for more ways to sell other than on ebay.

• Members
Originally posted by vexed73

I sold an item on ebay for a best offer. The Shipping was 20 dollars stated in the auction. He emails me saying "It isnt going to cost 20 dollars to ship this to me..."

I email back offering to ship for 15 but would rather he had asked about it before making an offer since it was clearly stated in the auction the shipping charge.

He writes back and says "he will pay the 20 dollars since I am an ASS HOLE."

I dont get it was I suppose to bend over and take it from behind with a smile? I thought I was more than civil when his request was not.

Who knows maybe I am an ASS HOLE.

I thought asshole was a compound word, no spaces. I think I would e-mail that back to him.
:D

Seriously, it sounds like you were plenty flexible. If he had gripes about the shipping, he should have e-mailed you BEFORE bidding. Sounds like he's the asshole.

• Members
Originally posted by GibsonQC

I thought asshole was a compound word, no spaces. I think I would e-mail that back to him.

:D

Seriously, it sounds like you were plenty flexible. If he had gripes about the shipping, he should have e-mailed you BEFORE bidding. Sounds like he's the asshole.

Thanks for the english lesson that was all me. He called me an asshole becuase I told him I didnt think it was good form to haggle on shipping prices after the auction was over. Of course I did offer 15 dollar shipping in the same E-mail.

I also think that flat shipping is the way to go after auction ends is the wrong time to discuss shipping. I always bid with shipping in mind and when I am selling with buy it now or best offer I take best offers taking the shipping charge in mind. If some one offers me lets say 150 with shipping included I will decline and offer to sell it for 130 + 20 for shipping and handeling. Ebay gets enough of my money with out making money off of my shipping charges!

• Members

I eBayed a banjo for a friend of mine, we listed it with "Actual Shipping." Since the banjo had no case, we ended up buying upholstery foam blocks to encase the ends, and packed the middle with styrofoam peanuts. We already had a box, but we still ended up spending $40 on packing materials. I would never advertise "Actual Shipping" again, unless I had the original packing material.

Tell the buyer to eat a six-pack of long neck cocks.

• Members

i agree with the "asshole fee" back when i went to the university. i would go to their store to buy books etc, they had their little sign saying
"if you're irritable, or just plain mean, you will be charged an additional $10."

theres a concept that can be adopted everywhere :thu:

• Members

Take his money and have no regrets. He is the asshole here. If he didn't agree to the terms of the auction meaning all costs including S/H than he shouldn't have bid. Last time I looked there are like 2 different screens that you have to go through explaining about how bids are binding and crap. If he isn't smart enough to check the price or didn't want to pay than he shouldn't have bid in the first case.

I wouldn't leave any feedback until after he does.

• Members

Say OK ... I have found a way to ship it for $15.00. Take his money and make him wait a month for the guitar. When he bitches, email him and say sorry, but the only way I can ship it for $15.00 is at my convenience and it isn't convenient yet. For another $5.00 you'll ship it promptly just like the auction said. Make him dance.

Archived