Telecaster Crossroads! Arlen Roth, Macchio EBAY

nightwatchman

• Members

Originally posted by pro_magnum

Just because something is one of a kind and someone only has sold 94 items doesn't mean it's a scam. Why do people always assume that?

+1. However, I'd certainly contact Arlen through his website to verify things before stepping up with that much cash.

• Members

I heard back from Arlen Roth. Here's what he said: "Yes, it is..I have 2 other Teles on there too. Thanks, AR."

So it's legit. Not sure that it's worth the price he's asking but the guitar was used in a moderately successful movie and it's signed by several people involved (including Steve Vai and Ralph Macchio). So the question becomes, how much did you like the movie Crossroads? :p

• Members

I think 68,000 was what the movie grossed in the Theaters... There was a thread about this the other day actually. If that guitar went up for auction with no reserve I would bet it wouldn't even hit $6,800. I'm betting it would be more in the $1500 dollar range.

Of course a guitar is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. But seeing how everyone in that movie is still alive, the karate kid is washed up, the movie was a long time ago and almost forgotten by the general public, and only geeks like us even care about people like AR or SV, I don't see it selling for what he thinks it's worth. Just my opinion, I could be wrong... But I doubt it.

Archived