EPiphone LP standard... an excellent guitar!

bluesboy

• Members

Yeah, those Chinese guitars are bound to be crap....

Look at this piece of junk:

t186mx.jpg

And they want $1795 retail for the thing...imagine..

Here's another, sure to be a total waste of the freight to get it here:

photo1_dc1fd.jpg

And look at all these el-junkos...what a waste of wall space, eh?

photo2.jpg

:D:p

• Members

It really is nice to see Epi getting it's due. I don't know why so many people bash them. I guess it's because they do produce so many guitars that there are bound to be a greater ratio of dogs out there. But that also means there is a greater ratio of great player guitars as well. My LP Custom Flametop is the best playing LP I've ever picked up and won't sell it on any terms unless I find a Gibson that can top it and feel it is really worth the price difference. The only drawback is the PU's, but I just scored a deal on a set of used Seymour Duncans for $75 (59' bridge, Jazz neck), and will stick those in when my push/pull pots come in the mail so I can do the mods I want. Thats the only other drawback I've heard about is the electronics, but I've never had any problems with the pots or switch on mine. I'm glad you found a good one that speaks to you.

• Members

Originally posted by hardtdc

It really is nice to see Epi getting it's due. I don't know why so many people bash them. I guess it's because they do produce so many guitars that there are bound to be a greater ratio of dogs out there. But that also means there is a greater ratio of great player guitars as well. My LP Custom Flametop is the best playing LP I've ever picked up and won't sell it on any terms unless I find a Gibson that can top it and feel it is really worth the price difference. The only drawback is the PU's, but I just scored a deal on a set of used Seymour Duncans for $75 (59' bridge, Jazz neck), and will stick those in when my push/pull pots come in the mail so I can do the mods I want. Thats the only other drawback I've heard about is the electronics, but I've never had any problems with the pots or switch on mine. I'm glad you found a good one that speaks to you.

Great post. I have 2 Epis and love them both. I had a Custom Flametop in darkbust and sold it several years ago. REgret selling it. It played awesome..several Gibbys later, Im back to Epi. You play the guitar, not the name on the headstock. Seems so basic...

• Members
Originally posted by TheTones

"You play the guitar, not the name on the headstock."

Hmmm...never heard it put that way
:thu:

I fully agree. What may work for one player may not be a good fit for another. Wouldn't it be great if we could blind fold ourselves and try guitars? I bet we could save ourselves some $$$

Archived