First amp

TheLunatic_MH

• Members

I have a bunch of what would be called "beginners" amps.

Marshal MG10CD

Ibanez IB10G

Pignose Hog 20 portable

VOX AD30VT

For the $$$, I would say go for the VOX - downright kicks ass.

And RaVenCAD - my SCUBA diving partner has a Gorilla TC-35 in red. Man, this thing is WICKED! :)

• Members

My first REAL guitar amp (played through a Peavey Microbass first) was an Epiphone Valve Special.

Pretty good, but the speaker is pure crap, I dont bother with it anymore, but I always wanted to try it with a new speaker.

BTW this thing just sits here collecting dust, Im thinking of buying the guts for another amp (low wattage) and a new speaker and making myself a new amp.

• Members

I started with an old Sears Silvertone amp that used to belong to one of my older cousins back in the early 1970's. It sat down in his mom's basement for 15 years. It smelled terrible and sounded like crap (I realize now that it probably needed new tubes). I upgraded to a Gorilla amp a few months later.

• Members

Originally posted by Devinstation

My first REAL guitar amp (played through a Peavey Microbass first) was an Epiphone Valve Special.

Pretty good, but the speaker is pure crap, I dont bother with it anymore, but I always wanted to try it with a new speaker.

BTW this thing just sits here collecting dust, Im thinking of buying the guts for another amp (low wattage) and a new speaker and making myself a new amp.

I started on a microbass too:thu:

My Legacy is my first real guitar amp.

Archived