Glory days of a REAL fella...

Shars

• Members
Originally posted by Base

Well this thread has been very enlightening, I have learnt a lot.

Mostly, that you are all really, really old
:D

*Dashes off to hide in the MP forums*

Well I checked your profile and since you don't have a birthdate,....:confused:

Did you hatch from an egg? ;)

• Members
Originally posted by FMUK

I personally over the years I have gone from liking men of my own age to something alittle more mature.

Mature!?!?!? ewwwww.....

Maturity. That's what always screws me.
That, and the 'no job, still living with my Mom' thing.:D

I thought you women looked past all that superficial stuff?

• Members
Originally posted by Lee Flier

I don't care very much about the superficial stuff really, he just has to take decent care of himself, have a good mind and a good heart. And those things are scarce enough on their own without throwing too many other qualifications in.

Change the "he" to a "she," and I am right with you.

It is something I think about more and more these days, that all the of-the-world stuff matters little...but a person's ability to love and be loved, a person's ability to have a mind that is sharp and quick, fluid and open, a person's ability to recognize their own, and others' nature, and live in accordance with that, to walk the middle path...

I wonder sometimes if music will forever remain the greatest love of my life.

Originally posted by Lee Flier

There are still exceptions in all age groups, but I think the media and technology have really done a lot to make people more superficial unless you really make a conscious effort to tune out those messages.

So agreed! Tuning out those messages has been a great thing in terms of my health, as well as being able to hear my own, and other people's, messages.

There is such depth, such magic, such beauty in the subtle...and with the din of the media culture, you can hardly hear, see, or taste that subtlety.

That media barrage dulls the senses until all you can appreciate is bombast, spectacle, and synthetic flavor that is not nurturing to the soul, much less pleasing to the palate and eye.

Like we once talked about, Lee...if "She Loves You" doesn't raise the hair on the back of your neck, then you need to go to detox. :D

love your posts,
Ian

• Members

Quote by Lee Flier:
------------------------------------------------------
Young, old, don't matter to me, I like em all.

When I was younger I used to pretty much always go for older guys as the young ones had no clue what they were doing. Now that I'm older I can kinda appreciate the young ones as well. I don't care very much about the superficial stuff really, he just has to take decent care of himself, have a good mind and a good heart. And those things are scarce enough on their own without throwing too many other qualifications in.
-------------------------------------------------------

Very well said Lee. That applies to people, for sure, not just to men. :)

Mike T.

Archived