To What Extent Have You Acoustically Treated Your Studio?

Anderton

• Members

John Sayers sez---------->I just treated a shipping container. and a mobile recording van......

cheers

john

Brucie sez-------->John - Looks very nice! Great looking job! Does it sound as good as it looks? I'd love to hear what a recording from that space sounds like....

Isn't it amazing?

Bruce Swedien

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Members

KB Gunn sez-------->OK, now that I have finally figured out how to post an attachment, here is a fairly close up pic of my attack wall of ASC Tube Traps.

This has been downloaded 13 time(s).

Brucie sez----------> Ken - Don't you love your Attack Wall? You saw mine in the old control room. You must come and see and HEAR it now!!!

Bruce Swedien

:p:p:p:p:p:p

• Members

Originally posted by Bruce Swedien

KB Gunn sez-------->OK, now that I have finally figured out how to post an attachment, here is a fairly close up pic of my attack wall of ASC Tube Traps.

This has been downloaded 13 time(s).

Brucie sez----------> Ken - Don't you love your Attack Wall? You saw mine in the old control room. You must come and see and HEAR it now!!!

Bruce Swedien

Absolutely love it! It has never failed me. It was wonderful to be able to relocate to North Carolina from up north and not have to invest tens of thousands of dollars in acoustic treatment. It is a very flexible system for tracking and mixing at home or in the field.

I'll let you know if I get down your way to see the new set up. BTW, did you move that incredible home theater down to Florida as well?:cool:

• Members

~~~ In the "innovative sound control material" most of ours are from things like -- the inside packing foam ^ of TV boxes/ refrigators/large appliances, etc. ~~ > the manufactures ship them in, with great designs, to.javascript:smilie(':)')

smile

We covered the 24 X 22 ft long ceiling. { You can see over, the MiDI drums pads, a 46in. TV moulding is hung}

We did hire Bob Hodas who " Tweaked" the room...

And spent the big bucks [Roll Eyes] ( $40 ) on one sheet over the center of the control desk (40X96) :: from > http://www.knoxfoam.com/soundproofing/sound.htm

FULL_VIEW.jpg:)

:)

• Members

Bruce - I went up there a few weeks ago when he had the speakers in place - KRKs - it sounded very good. At the mix position everything was balanced and the low end was very tight. Imaging was true and the room sounded nice to be in - i.e. it wasn't dull and dead. Mark played me some acoustic guitar and vox he recorded of his wife Bec, sounded great with flat mikes and the vox was tight and upfront.

Maybe we could do one in a trailer that you can tow behind your motor home :)

cheers

john

• Members

KB Gunn sez---------->I'll let you know if I get down your way to see the new set up. BTW, did you move that incredible home theater down to Florida as well?

Brucie sez--------->Yes, we moved it, but I have been so busy that that big, beautiful projector is still in it's moving crate!

I have beem incredibly busy with beautiful music though, so I am not going to complain!

With Eugene Records passing away, I've been going through all our Chi-Lites Multi-track masters. Man they sound great!!! 16 track on two-inch!!! Lots to do! All fun, and elegant beyond description!

We'll talk soon.....

Brucie the Viking!!!

• Members

John Sayers sez------->Bruce - I went up there a few weeks ago when he had the speakers in place - KRKs - it sounded very good. At the mix position everything was balanced and the low end was very tight. Imaging was true and the room sounded nice to be in - i.e. it wasn't dull and dead. Mark played me some acoustic guitar and vox he recorded of his wife Bec, sounded great with flat mikes and the vox was tight and upfront.

Maybe we could do one in a trailer that you can tow behind your motor home....

Brucie sez-------->No motor home!!!! No motor home!!!!

Your use of the space looks great!

What about bass build-up in the corners? The other thing I was wondering about is flutter echos in that small a space... It's fascinating isn't it? You know John, recording in small spaces is very important right now... And probably will become more and more important as better recordings come out of these small studios. I think it can be done.....

Bruce Swedien

Archived