STRAT BUILD - Finally finished!!!

Johansolo

• Members

so after 3months i finally finished assembling my strat project!!! just got the fender knobs and switch tip today

Specs -

Mitey Mite Ash/maple quilt top Body

Mitey Mite Birdseye maple/ebony fretboard neck

pearloid pickguard

Seymour Duncan APS2 neck

Seymour Duncan APS2 RW/RP middle

Seymour Duncan Custom bridge

TFN technologies wired up the switches vol,tone,tone(push/pull to split the Bridge pup)

Wilkinson EZ Lok tuners

Fender Bridge (cant remember the model...USA/HWY???)

this baby is tuned to Eb standard (52-10s) for my blues and Drop C# for my Alice in Chains

here are some happy snaps!

P1000574.jpg

P1000573.jpg

P1000550.jpg

actually i lie...its not fully finished...still need to get a trem cover for the back and a string tree...also need to get my sm57 back coz ive been wanting to do clips for ages!!!

• Members

cheers guys...all up i think it cost just under $1200AUS

i could have paid a bit more and gotten a real fender but i just couldnt find one that i liked/or specs for under $3000AUS.

but im really really happy with the end product and after a proper setup i think she may be my new favourite!

heres a pic of the family -

P1000606.jpg

next build will have to be a guitar with all single coils...

would love to add a tele to my collection

• Members

Cheers guys, i cant take all the credit for the design...my girlfriend actually designed it on some japanese website and when were were looking on ebay and found a similiar body...she was like...lets build a strat.

its actually a bit darker than what it is on the pic...almost blood red but not quite.

had a bit of a tiff over whether to go all single coils or H-S-S or not...but i won that argument:D

but the next guitar were building is a tele for her.

i got all the parts off ebay shops...just pretty much typed in Strat parts/body/neck etc...

the ibanez in the pic is just a Pretige RG3120

• Members

Originally posted by Ol' Tree Frog

Nice color! I like the Mighty Mite necks a lot. With those hardwoods and the Duncan pickups, that thing must cut like a razor.

i was a bit worried coz i only ordered an ash body as my other guitars are mahagohany,alder,basswood so i wanted something diffrent...and i ordered ebony fretboard coz of a fender i fell in love with.

then after researching and asking on forums i came to the conclusion that this guitar would be bright city so it was a hard decision on the pickups.

i was after the SRV "lenny" tone...which i dont think i achieved...maybe i need a fender amp (and build my vibrato chops up)

its fun to play little wing on thou...on the 4 position (middle pup + bridge split)

Archived