Jay Turser Phantom is Alive...

voneville

• Members

I'll post some pics later for the 6 or so people that care :)

I installed some of the blowout single coil pups Guitarfetish is selling for 15 bucks a set. You really can't go wrong at that price. They sound good and are very quiet, especially for single coils. The tone is typical strat. I can't compare it to another guitar, but they sound good and I'm happy with them.

I decided to spend the dough on their quality pots and and switch upgrade for strats. I was surprised that the volume pot was 500k but the tone's were 250k. I've never seen them mixed, well, not that I knew of. I haven't really paid attention.

I also installed the roller bridge, it's a really nice unit. With the roller nut I have the bigsby should stay in tune reasonably well.

I got to give props to Guitarfetish. They really have great products at super reasonable prices. Their service is also top shelf.

I have a lot of setup work to do on the guitar. The bridge is really high over the body so the bridge pickup is too low causing the volume on the bridge pickup to be noticebly lower. Although the action is nice.

For a small bodied guitar it's insanely resonant and sustains great, much better then a strat. I'll have some more fun with it tonight, I only had a few minutes to mess with it earlier today.

• Members

I've bought several of their blowout pups, the vintage and the overwound SC sets, and then some of those hex overwound HBs, and I've been very pleased with all of them. Really great prices for a shot in the dark, that you don't wind up regretting.

The best thing about GFS is that you can trust them. They won't sell you junk.

Archived