So I work at a Guitar Shop now ....

Devinstation

• Members

Here's the story:

My school is not your ordinary high school. You apply to this high school, and go there while still remaining a student at your "base school". My school is called the Academy of Arts, Science, and Technology. I am an Environmental Science student. Every year the seniors have to do a HUGE project called their Senior Exhibition of Mastery that includes and 14-page Research Paper and a "product" a.k.a something physical that you have done with your project.

Somehow I managed to incorporate Guitars into Environmental Science (hey ... they ARE made of wood) and part of the project requires you to intern somewhere related to your project. Where do I get to intern? Johnny's Guitar Shop in Myrtle Beach (Come see me if you live around the area, Im the kid with the black glasses) and now instead of going to school all the way from 1st to 4th block ... I go to school 1st, leave before second, stay out through lunch, then come back AFTER third. I now only have to go to school for two blocks out of the day.

So yeah now I am gonna be that kid who sets up your guitars, finds out whats wrong with 'em, and fixes 'em all up for you. Honestly this is pretty much my dream job, I've always wanted to work in/own a guitar repair shop, and now I do. I went in yesterday and took some pics of some cool vintage guitars we were working on (looked like Kays or Harmonies or something of that nature) and I will post them today after work ... er ... school.

• Members

John Sparks at Johnny Guitar Shop has set up several guitars for me with great results. Since I live about two hours from there I usually hang out while he does the work and did I mention he is cool to talk to? I watched him hand cut a corian nut for my Epiphone Les Paul Custom and it is by far the best playing guitar I have EVER played. You will be learning from the master. He will be setting up any guitars that I plan to keep in the future.

• Members
John Sparks at Johnny Guitar Shop has set up several guitars for me with great results. Since I live about two hours from there I usually hang out while he does the work and did I mention he is cool to talk to? I watched him hand cut a corian nut for my Epiphone Les Paul Custom and it is by far the best playing guitar I have EVER played. You will be learning from the master. He will be setting up any guitars that I plan to keep in the future.

Thats right. And folks interested the shop is located on 1st Ave. N Myrtle Beach right next to the Noisy Oyster and across the street from Krispy Kreme :thu:

As for those pics, Ive got two for you that turned out pretty good, and another that a couple of bass players might think is cool, Steve Bailey (right) popped into the shop to put up posters for his bass conference Bass Extremes, we chatted and he said he would drop by again with tickets to the shows all three nights of the conference, Victor Wooten will be there too :thu:

P1000019.jpg
P1000018.jpg
P1000029.jpg

Archived