What's Your Reference CD?

PetersReviews

Originally posted by PetersReviews

Great choices everyone!

Hi Phil! I'm not sure why I never thought of making a compilation CD of reference songs. Great idea!

Cool!
:)
Let us know what songs make the cut!
:)

Have a great day! It's raining here in sunny California.

What city? Currently it's not raining out in Riverside, but the skies are threatening... and we did get quite a "light show" (complete with booming sound effects and a little rain) last night.

• Members

Originally posted by Kid Klash

Flim and the BB's

BIG NOTES

This CD doesn't lie.
;)

Were't Flim and the BB's one of the first bands to record digital? I think I read an interview w/ Jimmy Johnson and he said they were the first if not one of the first.

I'll have to dig out my old Flim CDs and listen to them again!

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

What city? Currently it's not raining out in Riverside, but the skies are threatening... and we did get quite a "light show" (complete with booming sound effects and a little rain) last night.

I'm in Redondo Beach. Yeah, last night we had a nice storm. It was actually quite refreshing for a change. :D

Were't Flim and the BB's one of the first bands to record digital? I think I read an interview w/ Jimmy Johnson and he said they were the first if not one of the first.

Do a Google search on Ry Cooder's "Bop Til You Drop". ;)

• Members

I picked up an SACD player a few months back, & have been picking up the odd disc.

So far:

Captain Fantastic/Brown Dirt Cowboy ~ Elton John

Joshua Judges Ruth ~ Lyle Lovett

So ~ Peter Gabriel

The Way Up ~ Pat Metheny Group

• Members

Yes... one of the first. BIG NOTES was recorded in 1985 by Tom Jung onto a Misubishi X-80 digital recorder. It's amazing how well this CD holds up when compared to today's productions.

Archived