A noiseless single coil with the ballz of the Hotrails

Alanfc

• Members

You know of a noiseless single coil with the ballz of the Hotrails ?? Can it be?....

and how do we compare relative output figures on these pickup-makers' websites (?) :freak:

For Strat bridge, dirty sounds/rock. Rosewood fretboard, alder body, graphtech saddles.

what say ye ?

thanks

• Members

Originally posted by gorillafart33

i have a red lace sensor in my mex strat. way better than the hotrails it replaced

OK OK tell me,

were you finding the SC sized humbuckers sort of "congested" ? For lack of a better term.... ??

These Bob Mould clips I just heard on I-Tunes were exactly what I'm looking for.

from this suggestion:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31555

I know its a studio recording and probably human doubling in these choruses but, I could hear =something= I liked . Then I went to his gear info and he's using a boost pedal ! Never mind that for now.

I've gone through alot of bridge pickups fullsize HB and small HB's, and the TX specials my strat came with. .. The TX special was almost 'IT" .. but I had to use a boost pedal with it. I want to go straight in, my amp is best that way.

Thanks

• Members

Kinman HX-85

9.5 K-ohms; Resonance 2.7KHz; Inductance 4.4 H; Very high output

I designed this pickup especially for the bridge position of the Woodstock set for those who like a hotter bridge pickup. It has a fat, thick tone with the most output of all my Strat replacement pickups. It delivers very smooth and creamy distortion, either natural overdrive or through FX without loosing the edge of regular single coils.

It features my improved magnet stagger with low G and A poles which delivers very well balanced string outputs especially for the bridge position, and that is one reason that the Hx-85 is not recommended for the neck or middle position.

The designation 85 comes from the performance that is almost equalling that of a 90....P-90 that is.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

just looking up the peak freq. of the Lace Red

"Lace Sensor-Red:............... The hottest output of our Sensor Series. Perfect for the bridge position when fat, punch humbucking output is required.

Postion: bridge

Resistance: 14.5k

Peack Frequency: 1850

Inductance: 8.12 henries "

how is this different from the figure "resonant Peak" of the S.Duncan charts.. for the Hotrails its like 3.6 K or something.

If the RED Sensor is talking about the same thing, 1.8K peak would make it super dark wouldn't it?

Archived