what to do with a box full of parts

Athiest_Peace

• Members

I was talking with one of the guys I work with yesterday, and he says his kid has a guitar thats been taken apart, boxed up and is just collecting dust. He said gimme 25 and its yours. He didn't know what brand it was or anything. I'm thinking hmm.. ok I'll go take a look, it's a cheap enough price the wife can't bitch about me buying it. So I go and I look and Damned if it isnt a yamaha pacifica tele with H-H pups. So yeah I'll be putting it back together. It isn't in too bad of shape really. the neck was unbolted, and the bridge was taken off, and an extra hardtail bridge was in the box. Yeah I got the original trem and the hard tail. I'd prefer to install it as a hardtail, but I need to know can I get that on without any major problems seeing as it's already been routed for the trem block and will it be a stable bridge? Or is the fact that the original bridge is what's needed the reason why the kid gave up on modding a decent looking guitar? Oh and I know ya want pics, but lemme get her put together first.

• Members

Damn, my first 'real' guitar was almost the exact same thing except that it was a Charvel and the parts were in a paper bag. I guess that $25 is still the going price for those things (bought that one in 1988). I did the same thing, put it together, beat on it for a few years and flipped it for $400 to some nimrod that always irritated the hell out of me.

Archived