Ric 330 vs 360

Lucas S.

• Members

Hey guys I'm startng to think about getting a Rickenbacker, if I can find one. I have not had a chance to play any yet because there are no stores around me that carry them or they carry them and have none in stock.

I was wondering if there was and major differences in the 330 and 360. From what I can tell the only differences are: Neck binding on the 360, different inlays, the stereo output option of the 360 and obviously the different shape.

So basically do these two guitars sound the same or similar? I am also considering the 620, but I think I want the semi hollow. Any Input or advice would be great, thanks. :wave:

Lucas S.

• Members

My RIC 330?6 seems to be more hollow than semi hollow. It is loud unplugged. Same as my Gibson ES 330. They both have single coils, great necks and both feed back quite easily.

The RIC 360 is a fancier guitar, with all the stuff you mentioned and the carved top, imo makes it less prone to feeding back because there's more wood.

They both do the RIC jangle. And I think the 360 has HB's. Both are good, one is more expensive.

The 620 solid body is a neat design. I don't know why more people don't use them. My 660/12 has the wider neck at the nut and is the solution to the 'too narrow at the nut for 12 strings" problem.

RIC QC is very good. Get what you can afford.

CIMG0114.jpg

• Members

Thanks, my main concern now I guess is the feedback issue, I thought they were Semi hollow. I can afford any of the three, but I hope I can find some to play so I can decide based on the guitar and not just the price. Since there isn't really a huge price difference.

Lucas S.

• Members

I've had a 620 and still have a 330 and a couple of 360s - one 6 one 12 string. The solid body just didn't do it for me, so it financed my 360/12. Feedback has never been that much of an issue with any of them. The 360s feel a little more substantial on the strap compared to the 330, but soundwise they're pretty similar if you use the stock pickups - if you want 60s jangle go for the toaster tops. Any of them are fine guitars, I wish I could afford more - I'd like a 330/12.

• Members

Thanks everybody.

Fuzztone: I had looked at that before but somehow missed the part were it said hollow body. Thanks

Howard: I'm glad to hear the feedback isn't much of an issue, I think I'm leaning towards the 330 or 360. I like the 620, but I think i'll save it for down the road.

d_dave_c: I didn't know Guy played one, that just about sells me on it. I just have to find some to play and see if I like the neck.

Thanks again

Lucas S.

Archived