Which pedals do you have/use?

Ged LST

• Members

Hey boys, I guess this could go in the effects forum but this is where I hang and I want to get the opinion of electric guitarists, so I guess I can probably get away with it ;)

Have got my guitar (THOUGH IT (I) JUST BUSTED A STRING AND I HAVE NO SPARES AND AM ABOUT TO GO HOMICIDIAL) and my amp (tubes! at last!) now that I'm quite happy with and I'm going to be running around the world of effects for a while now to happy myself up because I'm that kind of guy.

At the moment I've got a Dunlop Wah (which is fine (I'm just {censored} with it :D)), a Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory (I wanted all different kinds for cheap, this seemed to fit well (and I'm having a lot more fun with it as time goes on)) and a Korg Toneworks AX1500G (Which I got when I was starting out on the electric, good for a large variety of sounds to find what you're kind of looking for) which I'm really not the biggest fan of anymore, just not working for my ears now, it's got a built in tuner and 16 second loop though, so that's what it's mainly for (some delay as well I guess).

Just wondering what you guys have in the way of effects pedals, and more importantly maybe, which ones do you use the most? (and if there are any that you rarely use, except for one specific sick wicked cool thing, then let me know as well).

Probably looking for a better overdrive/distortion/fuzz thing to start off with but I like getting a bit out there so all is welcome.

Cheers :thu:

- Ged

• Members

I really have WAY too many to mention. Lately the standard set up for pop/rock playing have been.

Dunlop wah - gets the job done admirably. Probably better mousetraps out there, this is good enough for now.

Carl Martin Plexitone - Fantastic OD/Dist that really feels like part of the amp. Turns a Bassman into a three channel amp :cool: I use this one A LOT, setting the amp mostly for clean.

EB Jr olume pedal. Don't use this one much. Control the overall vol at the guitar. There are however three songs in our set that need that faux-steel swelling thing. So I bring it

• Members

I have a few pedals left but since buying the Pod XT Live, that's all I use. And I use it for every show.

Sounds like you also have plenty of effects. I'd start pooling your cash to buy more strings and maybe another guitar or two to give you more versatility. ;)

~Blackbelt

• Members
Hey boys, I guess this could go in the effects forum but this is where I hang and I want to get the opinion of
electric
guitarists, so I guess I can probably get away with it
;)

Have got my guitar (THOUGH IT (I) JUST BUSTED A STRING AND I HAVE NO SPARES AND AM ABOUT TO GO HOMICIDIAL) and my amp (tubes! at last!) now that I'm quite happy with and I'm going to be running around the world of effects for a while now to happy myself up because I'm that kind of guy.

At the moment I've got a Dunlop Wah (which is fine (I'm just {censored} with it
:D
)), a Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory (I wanted all different kinds for cheap, this seemed to fit well (and I'm having a lot more fun with it as time goes on)) and a Korg Toneworks AX1500G (Which I got when I was starting out on the electric, good for a large variety of sounds to find what you're kind of looking for) which I'm really not the biggest fan of anymore, just not working for my ears now, it's got a built in tuner and 16 second loop though, so that's what it's mainly for (some delay as well I guess).

Just wondering what you guys have in the way of effects pedals, and more importantly maybe, which ones do you use the most? (and if there are any that you rarely use, except for one specific sick wicked cool thing, then let me know as well).

Probably looking for a better overdrive/distortion/fuzz thing to start off with but I like getting a bit out there so all is welcome.

Cheers
:thu:

- Ged

Own: too many to mention
Use: see sig

Besides distortion/overdrive, I'm using delay (short delay for soloing) a lot.

• Members

The effects I'm using currently are Marshall Jackhammer, Crybaby and Boss DD5 delay..

The Jackhammer has 2 modes, Dist & OD..the dist used to work well with my Ibanez RG (humbuckers), and the OD works really well with single coils..other way around sounds like crap though.

The crybaby, well, not much to say about that one, just that it really lacks the true bypass.

The DD5 stays on all of the time, I set it to a relatively low volume, just to add some ambiance..that's it.

• Members

Sorry no pictures, but...

Jeckyll and Hyde Overdrive/Distortion Pedal: Use it all the time, but only the OD.

Aphex Punch Factory Compressor: Always on, but its starting to crap out on me. (The case is heavy-duty, but the input jacks are garbage.) I love this pedal, but I wish it was sturdier. I'll probably buy a different model soon.

Danelectro Dan-Echo: Fun pedal, but I rarely use it.

Line6 Verbzilla: I always keep this thing on. It's incredibly versatile and can be adjusted from subtle to drenched and everything in between. Aside from the compressor, its the most vital pedal I own.

• Members

I only need/use an overdrive pedal, a wah pedal, and a delay. I'm using a Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal. Wouldn't have been my first choice but i didn't know what i was buying at the time. i only use it for overdrive and i'm not about to buy a tubescreamer because i already have an overdrive and it sounds decent. otherwise, i would've gotten a tube screamer.

i use a moreley bad horsie 2 contour wah. and i'm still thinkin' about which delay to get.

i use a carvin legacy combo

• Members

Get a Boss DD-20 and Teese Wah. That should cover your delay and wah wah needs for an eternity. There are so many options for dirt pedals. It is hard to make a recommendation without knowing what amp you are using and what kind of sound you are looking to get.

• Members

The ones that get the most use for me are my EH Deluxe Memory Man (analog delay), Boss DD-20 (digital delay), and EH Big Muff (fuzz). I also use a Q-tron and a Vox wah pedal. I go back and forth between using lots of effects and keeping my rig simple. There are so many freakin pedals out there it's hard to decide on the ones you'll really use. It helps to look at what your favorite guitarists use and go from there.

• Members
I use a Dunlop Original Crybaby, a Digitech Digidelay, and an MXR 6 band EQ. I'll refrain from posting pics of my pedalboard out of respect for k4df4l.
:thu:

"a face that only a mother could love"....comes to mind :eek:

• Members

I've had a lot of pedals, but right now I'm pretty happy with my five:

Ibanez TS-9: It's a classic. Can't really go wrong with this one and I use it a lot.

Boss SD-1: Like the TS-9 with a bit more bite. Sometimes I like it better than the Ibanez.

Little Big Muff: I don't really use it much, but when I do the thick fuzz and sustain makes me smile.

Boss GE-6: I just got this. Never used an EQ pedal before and I have to say I'm loving this thing. It adds just a little bit of nuance to my tone. A little sparkle or something. It seems to make things come alive just a bit.

Yamaha MagicStompII: I really only use it for delays and echoes. It's fantastic for both. Also, randomly, the Class A Amp simulator sounds great through my Classic 50. Makes it sound pretty close to a Vox AC30.

Other pedals have come and gone, but I think these ones are going to stay.

• Members

Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah - Nice and throaty, I seldom use it. It's necessary to stay on there though for when I do need it.

Digitech Bad Monkey - Clean boost, sometimes add a bit of gain with the pedal. One of the most essential keys to my tone.

MXR EVH Phase 90 - Another essential part to my board, I love the tones, especially with some overdrive.

ISP Decimator - Makes my guitars dead silent.

In the loop...

Ernie Ball Volume Pedal - Not essential, but very nice to have. I use it to mute for my tuner until I get a pedal tuner.

Digitech DigiDelay - My old standby of about three years, until I get a DD20.

• Moderators

Usually I use:

Guyaton ST2 Compressor (always on)

Digitech Bad Monkey

Digitech Digidelay (used occasionally, mostly for slapback delay)

I also use the reverb and trerolo on my amp.

Archived