few pics of my fenders....

kylef

• Members

in the process of moving house just now, so most of my other guitars are up the loft. left these down though as im thinking of changing the pickguard on the tele (see below and tell me what you think, fancied a change).

the strat is my favourite axe at the moment. cant beat the blues sounds of a strat on the neck pickup. its 93-94 japanese model foto-flame. had it from new. dont know if you can see but the pickup covers and control knob's have just started to get the discoloured fade through age....love it.

and the squier '51 in the background ive had for a year now, and hardly ever played it, so decided (through inspiration off of here and the '51 modders site) to start the modding process on it. first up will be changing the decal to a nice '51 fender one from guitar fetish, change the pickups and probably put an extra control in, we'll see how things go.

amp in the bacground ive had for a while, avt150 with matchin 1x12 combo, as havent had a chance to set the rack up in the house....might just leave that for gigging purposes though, as it goes in and out most weekends becomes a chore.

also, extra pic to show my new strap :)

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

hope you like, comments welcome.

cheers

• Members

couple of pics of the '51. standard, but that will soon be changing. had it about a year and its still untouched (original stickers and tags still on)

DSC00219.jpg
DSC00217.jpg

standard, but that will soon be changing. had it about a year and its still untouched (original stickers and tags still on)

whats peoples opinions on the paisley pickguard? white or keep the standard clear?

swaying more towards the white myself, very different.....

• Members

Clear, definately. It's an important thing to a paisley telecaster. What is that model? Is it some kind of 68' reissue or is it original? Custom shop?

yeah youre probably right mate. i chop and change with the white one alot.

the model i have was the japanese reissue that came out in 2005. love it, great tele. im a sucker for japanese guitars though. got two japanese strats, and this tele.

cheers for the comments though. ill apologise again for the picture quality, just a few quick photos off my phone as its the easiest way to do it.

• Members

got more pics as i sorted out more guitars today. still more to come though (yes, i do have too many, so ill be selling a few in the near future. its just making my mind up on what what to part with thats the problem).

my 80's japanese strat i mentioned before. took a few knocks, but that all goes with the greatness of it. very work in guitar, plays beautifally, sounds even better. got that perfect bluesy strat tone on neck pickup. has a built in piezo pickup bridge (thats what the on/off mini switch is for)

DSC00220.jpg

look how played in the neck is:

DSC00222.jpg

my old epiphone riviera, had a good few years. been good to me this one.

DSC00224.jpg

my les paul. not had it long. recently put the pickguard on it, as it came without. not a fan with them like that tho, so was always going to put the pickguard on. good idea by gibson leaving them off tho, so you dont have that screw hole if you prefer it off.

DSC00223.jpg

and a photo of the few that ive sorted out today.

DSC00225.jpg

comments welcome, cheers

• Members

what, like your 'tache?

ive said countless times they were taken off my phone, as ive just moved house and this is me sorting out my guitars and it takes me two seconds to upload off my phone, whereas digital camera is hidden somewhere!

• Members

what, like your 'tache?

ive said countless times they were taken off my phone, as ive just moved house and this is me sorting out my guitars and it takes me two seconds to upload off my phone, whereas digital camera is hidden somewhere!

Focused or not, that's a cool Epiphone! It certainly has an unusual bridge. I love the Les Paul, but I can't picture it without a pickguard...so you had to have a hole drilled to put it in?

• Members

yeah its a frequensator bride. nearly put a stop tail piece in it a few years ago....really glad i didnt now. the frequensator is supposed to improve bass response on the guitar.

yeah gibson started to ship guitars out without the pickguards on in about 2005 (when they brought out the updated les paul), but they had the pickguards in the case. reason is that if someone preferred les pauls without a pickguard, they could leave it off without having any screw holes left in.
i had to pop a little hole in the guitar and screw in the pickguard. 2 minute job really.

also just realised i still have the plastic still on the guard in the photo.

• Members

wasnt thinking the epi would be getting the most recognition.

its a good one though. to have the frequensator tailpiece and not have mini humbuckers makes it quite a rare one.

cant beat the sound of an epi hollowbody though. just need to change the electrics on it, as the volume pot and selector are playing up.

• Members

i had to pop a little hole in the guitar and screw in the pickguard. 2 minute job really.

Wow...I don't think I could get myself to put a drill to the top of my Lester. I'd have to have a professional do it while I stepped out of the room! :D

Archived