thing is smokin it fits like a glove, well put together very solid feeling

just a small tuning and it was set up perfectly right out of the box

and it came packed in 3 of them good pack job from Same Day Music

and Schecter I got the gutar tues and played it for 6 hrs

w/o stopping other than lighting up a smoke. here is the specs and some

pics.

• Members

Happy NGD!

I've been wanting one of those for ever as well. I keep waiting to find a deal but most places haven't come down much in price. You got a particularly flamy one. How do you like the pickups?

:thu:

The pickups are smokin,, I got this for $599.00 at SDM MF,M123

and most other places want $799.00 and most only have the Black stain.

• Members

By the way ID_Ghost.

I received my Gibson VM LP last Thursday (you may remember me adding to your thread) and I've got to admit that for me, "The jury is still out".

I like the lightness of it, I like the looks. The fb is great. But I'm thinking, "Do I want one more of these rough neck guitars?" (I also have a faded SG, but the neck is better on the VM) and also the tone is maybe great for some things, but I'm not sure how versatile it is. Cleans don't have as much pleasing character as a lot of guitars (your example of the Squier '51 is actually a decent comparison of bang for buck when it comes to clean tones) but I do hear a pretty decent resonant character to it that is almost a bit nasally, which can add to that vowel-like tone. So I think it would be a great hard rock guitar, and maybe I'll get some good bluesy tones out of it as well. So far I've just played it through a Boss RV-3 into a Fender Pro Junior (and that was not a great match, it's too hot and thick for the little Fender tike) and into a Vox ToneLab and then into a Roland JC120. And in the latter, I can get some very good hard rock tones from it with lots of harmonic overtones.

But in any case, I can see why you tossed the VM back. Mine also has something rattling around inside if I flip the guitar over (probably a wood chip). So at a minimum, MF will have to mark it down some more for me to keep it. But if I send it back, I don't think I'll be in line for another. But I still need to play mine some more to figure it out. I'm going to be starting a separate thread about the VMs to see if I can get more consensus and thoughts on where this guitar shines or falls short. But I still partly think $750 - $125 (at least) for a net of about $600 for a MIA guitar is not too shabby of a deal, but I'm still :confused: at this point.

Congrats on your exotic. I haven't played one but I remember my 25 yo stepson raving about them after he played one at a GC.

• Members

Nice - I'd like an exotic too although I've never played one
:)
. I have a Blackjack 006 and I had a C1+ and I'm currently trying to sell a C/SH-1. The Superock's are pretty hot, huh?

IMO The pickups are very good they can cover all the bases

smooth to full crunch and full of tone , on another note I wanted the VM to

be a good guitar but like I said it just felt hollow ,cheap,and the sound was

not to my likeing , I may have just got a turd and the VM is a great guitar

but after reading other ppls posts I decided not to try another one

"once bitten" but to those that are happy with the VM good luck

and rock-on.

Archived