Deluxe Player's Strat question

FUBTAG

• Members

OK -- been playing my new Strat and I have run into an issue... The volume control seem to be not very smooth at all. Seems quiet until 9 and then ... BAM!!! all the volume and tone kicks in between 9 and 10. I remember a discussion about linear pots.. but does it have anything to do with the noiseless pickups? I am hoping to hear from you guys who have this guitar and/or pickups.... Have you found this issue to be evident in your guitar?

Thanks!!!!

• Members

OK -- been playing my new Strat and I have run into an issue... The volume control seem to be not very smooth at all. Seems quiet until 9 and then ... BAM!!! all the volume and tone kicks in between 9 and 10. I remember a discussion about linear pots.. but does it have anything to do with the noiseless pickups? I am hoping to hear from you guys who have this guitar and/or pickups.... Have you found this issue to be evident in your guitar?

Thanks!!!!

I've noticed this too and have found that when you have a 'quick spot' , I try to live with it. That quick spot is where you get all those Jeff Beck volume swells with your pinky on the vol ctrl with minimum effort .

If it's unworkable, replace it.

• Members

I've noticed this too and have found that when you have a 'quick spot' , I try to live with it. That quick spot is where you get all those Jeff Beck volume swells with your pinky on the vol ctrl with minimum effort .

If it's unworkable, replace it.

I am just trying to get a feel if it's a normal function of the noiseless set up... The jump is almost too much... though I can't really tell 'till I am with the band...

Anyone else find this going on with theirs?

• Members

Anyway, to add my own experience, I find the same thing with my American Deluxe. The pots are {censored}.

There is no linear action to it at all. It's basically off/quiet/loud.

Thanks for your input.....

Wow.... they put in 'top-notch' p'ups and crap pots?? hmmmm.... that is weird.

When changing out the pots, Should the volume and tone pots be changed as a set???

• Members

My volume knob seems to work okay. I have my amp low but I could hear her kick in at about 3 and pretty evenly move from 3 to 10.

Thanks.... playin some more last night through the magicstomp... and it was smoother. hmm.. guess I'll just keep pickin' and listenin'.....

Archived