Talked MF down to $999 on a LP studio

moestock

• Members

Figured I'd call MF for the hell of it and see if I could get the sale price from last month. The guy first said he never heard of such a deal, but eventually found it. He said there was nothing he could do, then I said I might be willing to purchase a Peavey Classic 30 as well if he would give me the sale price on the Les Paul. I was put on hold, and a few minutes later I was giving my card # for a Gibson Les Paul Studio wine red chrome hardware and a Peavey Classic 30 tweed. $1598.00. Seems like a good deal to me, although I hate buying such expensive items online.

So apparently if you bug them enough, or maybe buy some more stuff it is still possible to get that price on the LP studio. Now I just have to hope that everything shows up in good shape. Pics will be posted on delivery but here is something like I'm hoping to see sometime next week..:eek:

34da9081f64e.jpg

• Members

Congrats. It's good they will do that. You never know for sure what their end is. I wouldn't doubt that the dealers might have been passing along some break that Gibson was giving them on their wholesale cost for a limited period.

But I've found with MF, it depends a lot on who you get on a phone. I once had to go to the supervisor's supervisor to get satisfaction on an issue, but it wasn't pleasant. Took 50 minutes of aggravation to get a $120 refund I was owed.

Most operators there seem like they're fresh off the MacDonald's drive thru window. "Would you like any cables, strings or picks with your order sir?" :freak:

• Members

yeah a few months ago when I ordered my bass and amp at around 6am, the guy sounded like he was half asleep and admitted that he was out late the night before. I was in the same state of mind at the time, but everything showed up as ordered. So now I just have to sit back and pray that I wont have to be sending this stuff back.

• Members

Congrats. It's good they will do that. You never know for sure what their end is. I wouldn't doubt that the dealers might have been passing along some break that Gibson was giving them on their wholesale cost for a limited period.

But I've found with MF, it depends a lot on who you get on a phone. I once had to go to the supervisor's supervisor to get satisfaction on an issue, but it wasn't pleasant. Took 50 minutes of aggravation to get a $120 refund I was owed.

Most operators there seem like they're fresh off the MacDonald's drive thru window. "Would you like any cables, strings or picks with your order sir?"
:freak:

A couple of weeks ago, I got a young fellow on the phone at MF and he told me it was his first day on the job.:D But he was actually very nice and knew a great deal more than I thought he would.

Anyway,moestock, that is a great looking guitar. Congratulations!

• Members

Figured I'd call MF for the hell of it and see if I could get the sale price from last month. The guy first said he never heard of such a deal, but eventually found it. He said there was nothing he could do, then I said I might be willing to purchase a Peavey Classic 30 as well if he would give me the sale price on the Les Paul. I was put on hold, and a few minutes later I was giving my card # for a Gibson Les Paul Studio wine red chrome hardware and a Peavey Classic 30 tweed. $1598.00. Seems like a good deal to me, although I hate buying such expensive items online.

So apparently if you bug them enough, or maybe buy some more stuff it is still possible to get that price on the LP studio. Now I just have to hope that everything shows up in good shape. Pics will be posted on delivery but here is something like I'm hoping to see sometime next week..
:eek:

34da9081f64e.jpg

You're gonna love that Studio. I have the Alpine white. consider cream plastics.

PS you're gonna hate teh C30. I will relieve you of it for $300 cash :D

• Members

Actually, one of the reasons I went with the studio is I love the look of the black plastics, especially on the wine red. A local music store had a new iced tea standard LP for $1800, about $500 less than MF. Looked and played great but it was over my budget and I really liked the look of the studio. I've wanted this guitar since I was 10, 17 years later I can finally afford it.

What really scares me is the amp, I wasnt planning on buying until trying but I just did. I tried a fender hotrod and a supersonic at that same local store and was very impressed with the difference compared to my old mid 80s Randall SS. I bought the Peavey based on so many positive comments and reviews here and sound clips from utube and such. I doubt I'll be selling it, if anything I'll be sending it back but I think I'll like it, time will tell.

• Members

Actually, one of the reasons I went with the studio is I love the look of the black plastics, especially on the wine red. A local music store had a new iced tea standard LP for $1800, about $500 less than MF. Looked and played great but it was over my budget and I really liked the look of the studio. I've wanted this guitar since I was 10, 17 years later I can finally afford it.

What really scares me is the amp, I wasnt planning on buying until trying but I just did. I tried a fender hotrod and a supersonic at that same local store and was very impressed with the difference compared to my old mid 80s Randall SS. I bought the Peavey based on so many positive comments and reviews here and sound clips from utube and such. I doubt I'll be selling it, if anything I'll be sending it back but I think I'll like it, time will tell.

I bought one once for a gf, left it behind with her :cry: , it wasn't exactly "the bees knees", maybe a tad bit boxy sounding, but overall I think they are a nice amp. I think you'll be a happy puppy with it.

Archived