Nashville and Atlanta Forumites...

sventvkg

• Members

I'm heading to Nashville today for a week and was wondering if anyone had any good advice as to things I need to do while there. opinions of cool live music venue's, open mics, and general cool stuff to do would be MOST welcome! Also, I would love to meet any of you who live in the area.

After Nashville, i'm headed to Atlanta for about 5 days and have some cool shows booked there. Don't mean to spam, but if anyone wants to get together there, I'll be there from next Sunday until December 1st. My Atlanta shows are posted on my website. (Soft Spam) Anyway, hope to meet some of you soon! Take care.

• Members

Hey Sean, I did get your PM and I'll really try and get to one of your gigs here! Unfortunately my schedule is just completely insane these days so my time for a social life outside my own bands has been severely limited. But, I really do hope to meet you so hopefully we can work that out! Have a safe trip down in any case! :wave:

• Members

I just left there.

Too many things to do.

Culture, the Parthenon, Belle Meade Plantation, Natchez Trace, Franklin old town.

Country Music Hall of Fame and Studio B tour essential and allow half a day for that, cause the CMHOF recorded tour is amazing nuance.

Ryman, GO-Opry in play, it's off the glitz Gaylord site for the Holidays, essential one of the evenings, and that tour is also cool.

Open mic and writers nights, pick up a Nashville Scene magazine.

I played the Blue Grass open mic/jam at the Station Sunday night, and also Tuesday at the French Quarter. Several open mics if your a writer.

There is Jazz and Blues as well.

The CMHOF will be closing the "Night Train" R & B exhibit next month.

A ton of stuff, HT on lower Broad of course, Tootsie's has a late set on Tuesday at midnight.

There's rock as well, I met Ray Kennedy at a music store, cool for me.

Have fun.

Rob

• Members

I saw Niel, we did some pickin' last Saturday, he's overly humble and plays and sings at level pro plus.

He's a great person and he did a quick test drive of Hosa's QCM 3 multi pattern tube mic for me, seemed to have a favorbale opinion.

R

• 2 weeks later...

Archived