Foldable guitar

scolfax

• Members

I actually purchased a stow away guitar with a removable neck. I travel quite a bit and it is a full size strat, no headstock and the neck tucks away into the body of the guitar. Best purchase I have made in a long time ~ 499.00. The thing fits in a large laptop bag and I can carry it on with out issue!

As for the sound, much better than I anticipated! Action was great out of the box once I figured out the proper way for getting the neck on. Now I can get the neck on in about a minute. Plus, the thing will pretty much stay in tune the entire time I am at the hotel. Damn, ok, time to stop when I start sounding like a salesman.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I actually purchased a stow away guitar with a removable neck. I travel quite a bit and it is a full size strat, no headstock and the neck tucks away into the body of the guitar. Best purchase I have made in a long time ~ 499.00. The thing fits in a large laptop bag and I can carry it on with out issue!

As for the sound, much better than I anticipated! Action was great out of the box once I figured out the proper way for getting the neck on. Now I can get the neck on in about a minute. Plus, the thing will pretty much stay in tune the entire time I am at the hotel. Damn, ok, time to stop when I start sounding like a salesman.

Astroturf,

I've recently discovered the Stow away guitars but you

• Members

Astro,

Is this the same one?

http://www.stewartguitars.com/stowaway.htm

Looks pretty interesting.

:thu:

• Members

Nice concept, but expensive as all hell.

For that price, you could go to a guitar store wherever you're traveling and buy a Fender or Epiphone, play the hell out of it, and then return it to the store. Hell, you could buy a few guitars for that price. :thu:

Archived