Kravitz to play Jimi in bio-pic

tdempsey

• Members

If I were filming Kravitz playing Jimi...I'd just have him play a left-handed Strat upside down and right-handed, with a mirror image Fender logo on it...and reverse the film so it looks like he's playing left handed. Put mirror image Marshall logos on the cabs and such.

Yeah, I think Kravitz would be my "Jimi" choice as well.

• Members

I know I slated the idea of the outkast guy (what's his real name?!), but I've since seen him act and changed my mind, he'd be a good choice!!!

Lenny Kravitz tho?!?! C'mon, he's only up for the role because he has managed to get some rights and is kicking off the project himself to get into film!!! No proven acting ability at all...!

Suppose it would be better than Prince, but still :(

BTW, whoever wanted to cast Steven Sea-gull as Jimi is probably the same guy that wanted to cast Muhammed Ali as Superman in the 70's...!

• Members

Originally posted by amplayer

I think it will be cool to watch Lenny Kravitz try to play guitar left handed and upside down.

Even though Lenny is a master of most things music, that seems like a pretty difficult feat.
:thu:

Simply mirror the image, you have to make a guitar, so it's also upside down then, and it's done!

I don't see a reason to make a movie out of Jimi's life, also thought the movie on Jim Morrison was strange, at least for someone my age. However, i apply for the role as Ginger Baker, or some of the other blokes who went down to the club to meet Jimi in London

• Members

Originally posted by Karma1

...... Randy Hansen as the most likely candidate. I saw him in concert in Denver back in 78 or 79 ........ it's hard to imagine anyone more musically appropriate for the part.

Okayyyyy but that was 26 or 27 years ago that you saw Randy Hansen and Hendrix died at age 27 so unfortunately by now Randy Hansen would be , let's see....how to put this...er WAY TOO OLD.

They probably oughta use his guitar playing skills though, if they need any additional tracks.

Velveeta_Matt_Ragan.JPG

• Members

I was under the impression that Lenny was more like the rhythm guitar player and the white dude (with an afro?) was the lead????

Frank Marino of Mahogany Rush was absolutely amazing back in the seventies doing Hendrix music, I got to see them at an old movie theatre in Indianapolis and was floored that he was so accurate and even seemed to take away alot of the weird mistakes that Hendrix had made whilst in his brainstorming experimentation of music.

I got to meet Eddie Kramer a few years back when he exhibited his photos at a gallery in Austin, I gave him my cd, but he said he hated digital recorded music, I'd guess it went into the trash soon there-after, I wonder if Jimi would have been so unkind to digital music? He seemed to love all the new stuff and wanted to be the 1st one inventing with it, what a genius!!!!!!!:thu:

• Members

I'm at something of a loss here because Jimi didn't play bouzouki

So that's me out for a start

I worked for a while in a Mom & Pop type music shop and one day a young guy came in and asked to try out a guitar - not a MIM Strat (the only ones we had in stock) but an even cheaper Stagg copy from China

I plugged in a Line6 amp and gave him the guitar to play with

This young man was a joy to listen to - all the Jimi riffs with the correct tones applied by his hands not the amp

He even looked like Jimi even though he was white but had obviously got some East European or North African blood in him becuase he had that sallow complexion common to people from that part of the world

This chap declared himself happy with the guitar and bought it and went home delighted

He later brought the guitar back for a setup which I did while he waited for a couple of hours as it turned out so he a had a go on a few other more expensive axes but still preferred his Stagg

If anyone wants to make a biopic of Jimi then the main man lives in Wexford Ireland

He looks like him and can play like him and is only about sixteen

He's right handed but both looks and sounds the part

The thing is folks - how can Hollywood have such difficulty filling Jimi's shoes if we can produce a fine example of Hendrixness from a small island off the West coast of Yerp

:cool:

• Members

Hehehe, Yerp. :D

I'm surprised no one has pointed out yet that Lenny's finally gotten what seems to be his ultimate wish. I mean look at the guy...I like him alright and and all, but just buy a t-shirt that says "I want to be Jimi when I grow up" and get it over with. :p

Archived