NGD: lefty Edwards Les Paul!

Hoddy

• Members

Ordered my Edwards this past Saturday from Katana Guitars. Picked it up at the post office today. Let me say that Katana was a pleasure to deal with and their packaging was excellent...they even sent my a set of D'Addarios and a cool little Katana Guitars keychain flashlight. Now on to the guitar...first impressions are that it's very, very good. The finish is flawless and the fretwork is great. The setup was perfect right out of the box an the intonation seems fine, though I haven't checked it with a tuner. Nice fat 50's style neck and the Duncans scream through my Bluesbreaker...here's a few pics!

100_1999.jpg

100_2000.jpg

100_2001.jpg

• Members
Nice!

I was reading the other thread earlier,too!

That's some fast-assed shipping!!!

:thu:

So what was the damage?

It was $824.00 including shipping...this was from a new batch of lefties and Edwards has raised their prices a bit.

• Members
Nic lookin,How's it playnsound?Did you owe any Customs Duty?

It plays and sounds great...my wife and daughter are out shopping so I've had a little time to put it through it's paces with my Marshall Bluesbreaker...easy to dial in early ZZ Top and Black Crowes type tones! I got a Greco Mint Collection Les Paul about six weeks ago and it holds up well against it and it equals or betters any of the half dozen Gibson Les Pauls I've owned. And no, I didn't get hit up for any Customs duty.:cool:

• Members
Wow what duncans are in it? I'm gonna go look at the specs...I wounder how my lefty agile 3500 would stack up...(mine has duncan jb/jazz). thanks for sharing....

It has a '59 in the neck position and a JB in the bridge...they sound excellent.:cool:

Archived