Finally, a Strat

luke978

• Members

I just got my used Powerhouse Delux monday:

Strat001.jpg

Strat002.jpg

The seller claims its a 95', but according to the Fender website its 00'-01'. I'm lucky it didn't show up in 10 peices, due to the {censored}ty packing job, but its OK.

This is my first strat and I love it. I've always stayed away from single coils because of the noise, but due to the dummy coil its whisper quiet.

The mid boost is awesome, and really slams the valve junior when cranked.

I love the neck on this thing, and the big ass frets are a real plus.

I've heard that Strats don't have great sustain, but this one sustains just as much as my SG. Its got one hell of a tight neck joint, and the bridge is bottomed out so thats probably why.

The only issue it the skunk stripe on the neck:

Strat004.jpg

The bottom side of the stripe to the 7th fret looks as if its trying to seperate. The finish is cracked, but the stripe has not lifted yet. Its something I'll keep an eye on, but I'm not too worried.

I got it for $325 shipped. I think I got a hell of a deal.

• Members
That looks my kinda strat! Congrats!
:thu:

How do you activate the midboost? I can't see the switch in the pics.

There is no switch. The first tone knob is the master tone for all pickups. the second tone is deticated to the mid boost. 0 is classic strat tone. Its not a sudden boost, but a gradual blend until 7. Above 7, it starts to really boost the mids. 10 is pretty much a full on really fat OD on a clean amp.

Archived