what the difference between fender and gibson?

Longshanks

• Members

well,person ive never met in my life or even knows existed until this very instance,there are differences in the body,the feel,the sound and the price.I prefer fender because they win all 4!lol see you later.hypothetically.cause ive never met you(shifty eyes)

• Members

Gibson vs. Fender

Humbuckers vs. single coils
24.75" vs. 25.5" scale length
Les Paul vs. Strat
SG vs. Tele
etc., etc., ad nauseum

Gibson has some classic jazz guitars (ES-150, ES-175, L5, etc.), semi-hollowbodies (ES-335, ES-355) and acoustics (J-45, J-200), which Fender doesn't have. Of course, Fender makes up for it with their amp line.

• Members

Gibson vs. Fender

Gibson has some classic jazz guitars (ES-150, ES-175, L5, etc.), semi-hollowbodies (ES-335, ES-355) and acoustics (J-45, J-200), which Fender doesn't have.

Of course, Fender owns Benedetto, Guild, Tacoma, and D'Aquisto. ;)

• Members

Gretsch too... Or is it a partnership?

Partnership.

Gretsch ownership is a weird mish-mash. Technically, since 1989, the Gretsch family owns the company, but not exactly. Gretsch's Japanese manufacture staked almost the entire purchase and holds all the financial notes, in return they get to make them. I'm not sure what the deal is about about drums or Bigsbys (Ted McCarty owned Bigsby for a long time until selling to Gretsch sometime in the '90's).

The deal with Fender outsources North American distribution to Fender; Fender also becomes the American manufacturer of premium U.S.-made models for people who just have to have their Gretsch made in the USA.

Archived